bareMinerals Ready Eyeshadow 4.0 in The Happy Place and The Truth

by lyn on October 22, 2014 · 10 comments

in bareMinerals, Eyeshadow, Palette

bareminerals ready eyeshadow

I’ve never really tried anything bareMinerals and I know they are known for their mineral foundations. A few months ago, I was perusing through their display at Sephora but nothing really caught my attention until my eyes fell on the eyeshadows. Then I touched and swatched them. It was love.

Don’t you just adore palettes with cute names? Something called The Happy Place can only make you smile (or at least, I did). Even better is when each individual shade has a nice corresponding name too.

bareminerals ready eyeshadow

The Happy Place (shades):

• Peace – matte soft peach
  • Imagine – golden copper with slightly orange undertones
  • Exhale – matte taupe with mauve undertones
  • Euphoria – satin burgundy brown

bareminerals ready eyeshadow

The Truth (shades):

• Serendipitous – shimmery beige with peach undertones
  • Magnetism – satin brown-grey
  • Fate – satin bronze-brown with reddish undertones
  • Apropos – dark mushroom brown with silver shimmer

The consistency of the eyeshadows is to die for. They are buttery smooth and feel almost creamy. They are all wonderfully pigmented too. They blend beautifully and have minimal fallout. I am so impressed with the texture of these eyeshadows!

The shades within each palette compliment each other well and you can create many different looks by using just 1 or 2 shadows, or all 4. I like using the matte ones as a blending or base colour. Each palette is pretty versatile because each eyeshadow looks and shows up distinctly. I mean, you can see the actual colour and notice the difference on the lids. Compared to other palettes where several shades can be rather similar when applied on skin that you don’t notice a big difference if you use A or B.

I’ve tested the Ready Eyeshadow 2.0 (duos) and the quality seems similar. However, I prefer the 4.0 palette as you get 4 shades and a bit more variety. Each palette is housed in a slim black case and is very easy to travel with as it doesn’t take up much space.

bareminerals ready eyeshadow

I truly dig the bareMinerals eyeshadows and am trying to get my mitts on a couple of limited edition releases. I also want the Ready Eyeshadow 8.0 Power Neutrals (because we can never have enough neutrals) but haven’t seen it at our local Sephora and am not sure if they’ll bring this 8 pan palette in.

Overall, I’d highly recommend these bareMinerals eye palettes, be it the duos or quads. Each Ready Eyeshadow 4.0 costs RM120 and can be purchased at Sephora.

Do you have any of the bareMinerals eyeshadows and how do you like them? Drop in a let me know in the comments below as I’d love to hear your thoughts too.

Fiona October 22, 2014 at 12:14 PM

The Truth is lovely! And I’m loving the shade Imagine from The Happy Place palette :) The good news is Sephora Black Card 20% member sales is happening now :D

lyn October 25, 2014 at 11:03 AM

I missed the sales! They are both really nice palettes and it’s a shame we don’t get as many options here.

Lily October 22, 2014 at 1:46 PM

I have The Truth, because that’s the safest quad to get, and I’m boring that way. Love those browns though and you’re right. Can’t have enough neutrals :-)
Lily recently posted..Review: [A’kin] Revitalising Cellular Radiance Serum and Purely Revitalising Lifting Eye CremeMy Profile

lyn October 25, 2014 at 11:05 AM

Agreed, it looks quite ho-hum but the quality of the palette more than makes up for it. These two have become my favourites. Easy, everyday kind of wear. Love neutrals!

Sunny October 23, 2014 at 12:55 AM

I keep thinking I should try one of these, but so far I haven’t! The Truth seems pretty amazing. I know that Temptalia raves about the bareminerals Ready formula as well, which makes it extra tempting!
Sunny recently posted..Givenchy Plays with Different Shades of Black for Holiday 2014!My Profile

lyn October 25, 2014 at 11:07 AM

The formula is really good and easily rival many higher end brands. I’m so happy to have discovered these!

Fatimah October 23, 2014 at 11:53 AM

it is such a coincidence that i just made an fotd using The happy place..i love the palette and the quality of the shadows!! glad that you like it too!!
Fatimah recently posted..Friday’s Face #33: Rusty Autumnal MakeupMy Profile

lyn October 25, 2014 at 11:12 AM

Hi Fatimah, I just saw your FOTD and you did such a lovely job with the palette. Absolutely beautiful and you have such pretty eyes!

Jaa October 28, 2014 at 11:51 AM

I’ve been meaning to try these! I have a 20% off coupon from Ulta; maybe I should splurge on a few of these! :)

Of course, we can never have enough neutral palettes. NEVER. EVER. Haha.

lyn October 28, 2014 at 9:07 PM

These eye palettes are great! If you can get a discount, I’d definitely recommend checking them out.