Coming Into Full Bloom With Clinique Cheek Pops

by lyn on April 9, 2014 · 6 comments

in Blush, Clinique, Spring

clinique cheek pop

Okay, I did go a little batty when I first saw photos of the Clinique Cheek Pops cropping up online. I mean, didn’t you? As soon as I heard that the cute lil’ darlings were available at our local Clinique counters, I was all over them. The blushers I got are in Peach Pop and Plum Pop. I honestly wanted to snap up Ginger Pop and Berry Pop too but came to my senses and made myself pick just two.

clinique cheek pop

clinique cheek pop

Peach Pop is a peachy-pink with a warm undertone and Plum Pop is a cooler toned plummy-pink. They are both very pretty shades and will suit most skin tones.

clinique cheek pop

The consistency may be a bit hard to the touch and you don’t seem to get much colour when swiping a finger over the top. But the blush does show when applied onto my cheeks. I do need to use a denser brush to pick up some colour so I’ve been using the Hakuhodo 210 round blush brush. I’m not sure if the texture will soften over time. Due to the harder surface, you won’t get a lot of blush dust flying around and that’s a good thing.

clinique cheek pop

I also like the packaging and appreciate that it’s in a clear acrylic case. That way, you can fully appreciate the cute gerbera daisy design that’s molded into the blush itself. In my opinion, the Clinique Cheek Pop is a must-have this Spring season. Each blush costs RM80 and contains 3.5g. The blush is permanent (hooray!) so there is no need to rush right out to get one but I recommend you do anyway… kekeke…

Did you pick up any poppin’ Cheek Pops and which is your favourite? Do drop in and share your thoughts as I’d love to know if you are as crazy about them as I am.

Victoria April 10, 2014 at 11:22 AM

After seeing this on Paris B’s blog, I rushed out to get mine in Berry Pop. LOL. Love how the colour looks on me and with my Lunasol Cheek Brush, it is easy to pick up the colour too. I might get Ginger Pop as well but am thinking of getting Tarte’s blushes in either Blissful or Tipsy as it is a similar peach colour plus the colour looks better compared with Ginger Pop.

lyn April 11, 2014 at 10:40 AM

I love Tarte blushers but they are quite expensive here. Your picks are all quite lovely! I think it really depends on which formula or packaging you prefer.

Sunny April 13, 2014 at 9:55 PM

Oh eee you got these, too! You have the two shades that I don’t have! They both look stunning on you! I love the luminous glow. It’s such a healthy and youthful look!

I fell hard for Ginger Pop, so I had to grab Berry Pop as well. Here they’re online exclusives, so I’ve been really grateful for all the swatches.
Sunny recently posted..Beauty Spotlight Team Round-Up for 13th April, 2014My Profile

lyn April 14, 2014 at 1:39 PM

Thanks, Sunny! They are so cute and irresistible and I can’t blame people for going gaga over them (I did!). I didn’t know they are online exclusive there because they are permanent here. If they do run out, let me know if you want one and I’ll send it to you.

Sunny April 14, 2014 at 3:09 PM

Hey Lyn, I’m guessing they’re permanent here as well (nothing in the PR info I received says otherwise). I guess they make them online exclusives to boost the sales of their webshop. Also, I’m guessing this is something that will especially please young people, who might have seen them online anyways?

Brands having their own webshops is kind of a new thing here (when I got here 5,5 years ago, no brand had one). It’s interesting to see how they work their strategies out ;)
Sunny recently posted..New Lippie Obsession: Dior Mirage & Wonderland Addict Fluid SticksMy Profile

lyn April 15, 2014 at 12:02 PM

Actually, it is relatively new here too and I started to see more crop up in recent years. But I’m glad they offer online shopping because it makes things easier and so much more accessible. Hmmm… wait, not sure if that’s a good thing for the wallet though.