A No Blush Buy Rule for 2014

by lyn on April 23, 2014 · 10 comments

in Blush, Drivel

no blush

That’s right, pretty people… I’m making a statement that I will not buy another blush the rest of the year. It will be tough because I’m quite the hoarder and am a somewhat defunct member in the Blush Fiend group.

Truth be told, most blushers look the same on me. I have naturally pink cheeks and the pink-ness muddles the actual tone of the blush. So I may have a peach, pink or rose blush on, but they will look similar. Some of the more pigmented and unique blushers will look a tad bit different on my face but not by much unless I use a lot and end up with clown cheeks.

no blush

no blush

Here are the photos to demonstrate what I mean. In the pan, the blushers look very different. But when swiped across my face, um… it’s pretty hard to tell which is which. Bearing in mind that the photos were taken on different days (different lighting) with different foundation and makeup on, butΒ in person, they really look the same.

I have to say it feels quite liberating to have one less beauty product to think about. But let’s see how long I can keep this blush-ban rule up. If something from Chanel starts tugging at my heartstrings, it will be quite difficult to ignore.

So, who is joining me on the blush-ban-bandwagon this year? Do you have a beauty product that you are pretty fed up with because they look similar? Come tell me in the comments below.

Paris B April 23, 2014 at 1:09 PM

Teehee I’m not even going there! Blush is my crack :P
Paris B recently posted..By Terry Cellularose Blush Glace is like a whisper of luxurious Rose Melba on your skinMy Profile

lyn April 25, 2014 at 6:05 PM

Hahaha, I know you’re the Blush Queen! But I think I can ignore them for another 8 months :-)

xin April 23, 2014 at 6:52 PM

seriously lyn? :P
am not a blush crack but im not sure if i can give it up for a year :P
xin recently posted..NOTD: Happy Easter!My Profile

lyn April 25, 2014 at 6:06 PM

Ya, man! I’m kinda fed up that they hardly look different on me. I’ve just been collecting them because they are so pretty. Hehehe…

plue April 23, 2014 at 7:24 PM

would love to join you but I can’t. not when it’s blush. but I’m always on a no eyeshadow eyeliner buy lol! that’s counted right? Tee hee.

lyn April 25, 2014 at 6:08 PM

Any beauty product ban is a ban… kekeke… Anyway, I’m quite happy to give blush up for a while because it doesn’t matter what I slap on, they kinda look the same.

Victoria April 24, 2014 at 12:12 PM

Hahaha. I am not a blush fiend yet but I am slowly getting there. I told myself no more blush as well after purchasing the Clinique blush but I doubt I am going to listen to myself. I was already thinking this morning that I want another peach-coral blush. LOL.

By the way, any reason why you still keep the boxes of your blushes?

lyn April 25, 2014 at 6:17 PM

My blush ban is for the rest of the year (so it’s just another 8 months). I’m not sure if I can give it up for life though. Hahaha…

I’m a bit anal about having things in a neat and orderly fashion. Think that’s why I still keep the boxes on some of them. It’s also easier to see the shade name.

Ting April 24, 2014 at 5:47 PM

Hello Lyn, I just got the NYX Pinched blush after reading your post!!! :p So hmm… maybe next year? HAHA

Naturally pink cheeks?? You have a very healthy complexion then! :D

Anyway, for pink cheeks, if you don’t mind, you could use a bit of green concealer to blot out the colour? My SIL is also the same and she found a lot of blush didn’t look any difference on her. I have her try dabbing green concealer on. Clinique also does a face wash for anti-redness. Not sure if that helps.

lyn April 25, 2014 at 6:22 PM

I don’t think the redness represents a healthy complexion… hehehe… It’s really annoying! I will try to look into redness correctors. I have tested a green concealer before but it’s just too much effort and adding another layer on my face is not something I want to deal with.

How do you like Pinched? It is one of the few blush that actually shows up on me and looks like what’s in the pan.