Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation If You Like Things Au Naturel

by lyn on March 25, 2014 · 8 comments

in Foundation, Revlon

revlon nearly naked foundation

Revlon has got to be my favourite drugstore brand. They have consistently released many drugstore favourites, especially in the lip department, and their foundations are generally pretty good too. I like the Colorstay Foundation for oily-combination skin and am so pleased to come across the pump version in Japan last year. Not to mention that it was in my shade too because the ones brought in locally usually start 3 or 4 shades up from the lightest.

I was perusing mysale.com with a colleague a couple of months ago and spotted the Nearly Naked range on offer. I couldn’t pass it up because I have heard a few good things about this foundation and knew that Revlon Malaysia will not be releasing this foundation here anytime soon (if ever).

revlon nearly naked foundation

The shade I got is in Vanilla 120 and I chose this because I am usually between the 2nd or 3rd shade from the lightest. Thankfully, Vanilla is a good match on me, so the many years of trying out different foundations and shades has paid off because I can actually estimate if something will work based on sight alone. Ya, I’m that good.

This foundation claims to provide refreshingly light, melt-into-skin and even coverage. I personally agree with each of its claims. The foundation has a slightly watery texture and it applies smoothly. I did think that it may be streaky due to the thinner consistency but didn’t face any issues.

It offers relatively good coverage, which can be buildable to medium. And it really does meld into my skin once it settles, leaving my face looking quite natural and erm… naked. That my-skin-but-better kind of nakedness. Most of the spots and redness are sufficiently covered but the darker pigmented blemishes will peek through. I am not that bothered or conscious over them because they can be covered up with a concealer if required.

revlon nearly naked foundation

The Nearly Naked Foundation doesn’t come with a pump. According to ParisB, pumps are expensive so manufacturers may skimp on them. This foundation is a little bit more liquid than others so pouring it out takes a bit of concentration and effort. I try to be as careful as possible to avoid wastage. That is probably my only gripe with this foundation.

Staying power is decent and it will last up to 6 hours before I start experiencing some fading. If set with powder, it should last a longer time. The foundation has a satin finish and will not control oil much. I am prone to an oily t-zone so I find myself blotting my face after mid-day to reduce some of the shine.

revlon nearly naked foundation

If you’re after a natural and lightweight foundation, this will probably suit you well. I’d recommend this to folks with generally good skin because it will not really mask darker or deeper skin scarring or problems. It will not fully conceal undereye circles too so you’d need a concealer.

I do like the Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation a lot despite the lack of a pump. However, the biggest downside is that it is not available locally. And why not? I have no clue because I think this foundation would sell pretty well in our local market. I got mine from mysale.com for RM60 (an extra RM25 for shipping) but I was doing a small group purchase so the shipping was shared.

Have you tried any Revlon foundations and how do you like them? What is your favourite drugstore foundation so far? Do drop in and share your thoughts.

Victoria March 25, 2014 at 12:36 PM

Drugstore foundations will always be difficult for me to purchase because it is hard to get an exact match for my tan medium skin tone and because there are no SAs to assist you with this as well. The solution I guess is to research on the internet those who used the same foundation shade as I do and check their stash whether it has drugstore foundations in them :-)

lyn March 26, 2014 at 5:43 PM

Hi Victoria, I never rely on SAs at all, in fact I tell them I’d rather be left alone. Most drugstores I visit have samples or testers displayed and I normally test the shade on my jawline. Best to trust your eyes more than relying on another person’s opinion :-)

plue March 25, 2014 at 2:19 PM

wow! i still have trouble getting the right shade of foundation, but compared to last time I think I have improved a tiny bit. Buying foundation/ concealer has always been a big problem for me even if I tried them in person trying almost all the shades that may look ok on me, so buying it online is a big no no… not for now at least.

i hope I can be like you and learn to buy from sight alone, tee hee! but for now, can I ask u for advice on the shades that would suit me? :P
plue recently posted..Happy Chinese New Year & Huat Ahhhh!My Profile

lyn March 26, 2014 at 5:46 PM

Hey Plue, You and I are quite close but I think you have more yellow undertones. Possibly a MAC NC20? Honestly, I think almost anything I wear, you can wear too :-) But I know my skin and almost all foundations will adjust or darken on me over the course of a day so I tend to find something that is a tad bit lighter than an exact shade match.

plue March 26, 2014 at 6:43 PM

i always thought I had a bit more of pink undertones in my skin than yellow, because colours with yellow/ warmer undertones usually look rather off on me, as opposed to pink/ cooler tones. But then again, I cannot say for sure 100% cuz I really sucked at determining my own skintone. ahahaha.

i tend to pick shade that is slightly darker because when I go lighter it’s just very awful on me. Looking back at older pictures make me cringe and cry!
plue recently posted..Happy Chinese New Year & Huat Ahhhh!My Profile

lyn March 29, 2014 at 9:08 AM

Hmmm… You may be right. See, best to rely on your own judgement than others because you get to see your face everyday. Kekeke… I have pink undertones in my skin and over the years, I find that neutral or yellow undertone type foundations tend to suit me more as the yellow helps cancel out the redness of my skin. But I do look better with cooler tone makeup, so that’s why I think you and I are quite similar.

Sunny March 26, 2014 at 8:43 PM

Hey Lyn, thanks for the review! I’ve been thinking it might be a good idea to find something with less coverage than the foundations I own (Guerlain Parure de Lumiere and Tenue de Perfection), so this could be interesting! I am not sure about the no-pump part though. I am super clumsy, and I see myself spilling it on my makeup storage or worse, on the bedsheets!
Sunny recently posted..Laura Mercier Amethyst Caviar Stick & My Caviar Stick Collection!My Profile

lyn March 29, 2014 at 9:10 AM

Hey Sunny, If you’re looking for a lightweight and light coverage foundation, this is probably a good bet. The no-pump bottle is irritating though. I guess you can always pour some out into a separate pump bottle or a small jar and use it that way. I actually plan to do that to avoid spilling too.