Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed Will Not Leave You Undressed for 12 Hours

by lyn on February 27, 2014 · 8 comments

in Blush, Tarte

tarte amazonian clay blush in exposed

You cannot imagine my absolute delight and excitement when Tarte first surfaced at Sephora Malaysia. I was almost giddy with joy. You will not want to know how much I spent on Tarte especially during the time when Sephora was offering storewide discounts late last year.ย It’s such a relief that I do not have to hunt for Tarte online anymore or beg my family and colleagues in the US to do custom purchases for me.

tarte amazonian clay blush in exposed

One of the items I was most eager to pick up was the blush in Exposed. I have been looking for a good “nude” blush and Exposed seems to fit the bill quite nicely. I would describe it as a rosy-pink brown. Initially I thought of using it as a contouring shade but it is a bit too rosy to be used as one. Unless you have very fair skin, it may work as a contour on you.

tarte amazonian clay blush in exposed

The texture of Tarte blushes is generally soft but not so soft that it kicks up loads of blush dust. They are very pigmented and I only need to tap my brush in a couple of times to pick up some colour and apply on my cheeks.

tarte amazonian clay blush in exposed

As for its claims of lasting up to 12 hours, it is pretty much true. The blush easily lasts an entire working day on me and it sometimes goes past the 12-hour mark. It will start fading slightly after 5 hours or so but that’s only because my foundation usually starts fading off around that time. I can see this working particularly well for oily skin folks who need a long-lasting blush.

So yes, I have been fan of Tarte blushes for a while now and have a couple of other shades that I purchased online previously. But Exposed just feels a little bit more special than the usual pinks, peaches and corals. I don’t have anything quite like it in my stash.

You can now find Tarte products at Sephora. They may not have as many items and special editions compared to what is available in the US but they do have most of the permanent line of makeup available. Each Amazonian Clay blush costs RM120 for 5.6g. Yes, it is pricey but a blush like this will last a really long time considering you don’t need to use as much product each time.

Have you channeled your inner-tart and given Tarte a whirl? Do you have any of their blushes or plan to get any, and if yes, what is your favourite? Do drop in and let me know.

Juan February 27, 2014 at 10:16 AM

You’re right. The colour looks so unique yet very pretty on you! I believe this is almost similar to Clinique’s ginger pop I’m eyeing which I believe will complement my skin tone too.
Juan recently posted..NEW in the market: Clinique Cheek Pop – irresistible wearable pretty colours in a small simple case.My Profile

lyn March 1, 2014 at 9:13 AM

Thanks, Juan! I’m normally into peaches and pinks so it’s nice to have something a bit different every once in a while. I can’t wait to try the Clinique Pop blush! Am hoping to drop by Clinique today to check them out.

Victoria February 28, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Exposed looks so nice on you, I always though it would look too brownish. I got myself Natural Beauty at the Sephora sales late last year for RM96 (after a 20% discount) and really love it. This colour appears like a natural flush on my cheeks and I can understand the reason it is named as such. Would love to get one more either Blissful or Tipsy but the marked up price in Sephora is a big put off. Will probably save my money to buy the Clinique blush :-)

lyn March 1, 2014 at 9:25 AM

Hi Victoria, Thanks for the compliment. I think Natural Beauty is something I would get next because I’ve been hearing lots of good things about it too. I have Tipsy and really like it. It’s a pretty bright pink pop on the cheeks. But you’re right, Tarte is so expensive here. There will always be other more affordable brands to play with.

Parita March 2, 2014 at 3:02 AM

I too picked it up recently! i feel its the perfect everyday blush for my olive skin tone!
Parita recently posted..Benefit Rockateur Blush Review, Swatches and FOTDMy Profile

lyn March 2, 2014 at 11:41 AM

Hi Parita, Exposed really is a good shade for most skin tones. I was initially wary that this will look muddy on my face but am glad that the rose undertone is more prominent.

Sunny March 2, 2014 at 3:16 AM

Hey Lyn, WHOAAA this looks SO nice on you! I have it too, but I haven’t used it in the longest time! Need to bust it out again :) I own maybe three in total if I remember correctly (Blissful and Peaceful as well).
Sunny recently posted..Chanel Les 4 Ombres 2014 Sneak Peek!My Profile

lyn March 2, 2014 at 11:44 AM

Hey Sunny, Thanks for the compliment! Be sure to show your Tarte blushers some love ‘cos they are so gorgeous :-) I have 3 so far and love them all.