Clinique All About Shadow Primer for Eyes Keeps Your Eye Makeup in Place

by lyn on February 25, 2014 · 8 comments

in Base & Primers, Clinique

clinique all about shadow primer for eyes

A couple of months ago, I was browsing through the Clinique counter hoping to spot the new Spring blushes but they were not out yet. I ended up getting the eye primer instead and boy, am I glad it turned out to be a huge win for me.

clinique all about shadow primer for eyes

The Clinique All About Shadow Primer for Eyes comes in a simple tube with a doe foot applicator. The shade I have is Very Fair 01 and I think it runs up to 04 being the deepest. Initially I thought 01 would still be a tad bit dark but once blended out, it actually matches my skin tone very well.

clinique all about shadow primer for eyes

The consistency feels a bit tacky upon the initial application but it smooths out very nicely and leaves a satin-silk finish. My eyeshadows glide on very well on top and the primer helps enhance the colours slightly.

What impressed me most was how long my eyeshadows lasted. My lids tend to be oily after a few hours and without a good primer or base, nothing will stay put. The Clinique primer can extend the wear of my eyeshadows for up to 12 hours with nary a crease in sight.

I honestly love this stuff! I think I have tried nearly every eye primer out there and the Clinique one definitely gives the NARS primer (which used to be my favourite) a run for its money.

You can find the Clinique All About Shadow Primer for Eyes at the counters or boutiques for RM68. Yes, it may seem rather pricey but you’d only need very little for each use so one 4.7g tube will last a really long time. If you suffer from oily lids and migrating eye shadows, I’d recommend checking this stuff out.

What is your favourite eye primer? I’d love to hear your recommendations although I think I have found my Holy Grail of primers :-)

plue February 25, 2014 at 10:40 AM

rm68 is pretty affordable!

i used to love UD’s primer but hate the bottle packaging, TFSI is a no go because the packaging failed me and it dried up so fast! And then I stop using primer all together because I simply couldn’t be fussed with eyeshadows.

Though now i am quite keen in picking up a primer just so that my concealer over my eyelids won’t budge so much! I really detest the creasing!
plue recently posted..Happy Chinese New Year & Huat Ahhhh!My Profile

lyn March 1, 2014 at 9:09 AM

Hi Plue, I really like the Clinique one. It should work as a base for concealer but I’d recommend testing it out at a counter first to see how concealers will layer on top of it.

plue March 1, 2014 at 10:18 AM

thanks lyn! I’ll go bring my concealer to see if I like it. I hope it’ll work with what I have! :) I think I can use shade 01 as the other shades seem way too dark!
plue recently posted..Happy Chinese New Year & Huat Ahhhh!My Profile

Fiona February 25, 2014 at 5:57 PM

Oh wow. Very Fair 01 is looking quite dark from the applicator and I’m glad you said that it match your skin tone once blended out.
I’m currently loving Zoeva. I’ve heard a lot about Nars too. I’ll check this Clinique out soon ;)

lyn March 1, 2014 at 9:12 AM

Hi Fiona, I took the photo in the evening and the natural light was almost gone by then, which is why the photos look much darker. Very Fair is a good match on me. I’ve heard of Zoeva but have not purchased anything from them yet. Have you tried their brushes?

Fiona March 3, 2014 at 9:36 AM

No worries, as long as it blended out to match your skin tone then it’s fine :D
I’ve only bought one Zoeva brush and that’s the Petite Brush. I wanted to use it for the crease. Used it two times I think. Need to try more to finalise my thoughts lol

Ting February 27, 2014 at 10:24 AM

Hello Lyn! I trust you on your eye shadow primer review! I got NARS one after reading about it from your post, and now I am on my second tube!! But this Clinique one… INTERESTING!!!!! Want to know though, is it shimmery? How does it compare with NARS? Thank you! :D

lyn March 1, 2014 at 9:20 AM

Hi Ting, Glad to be of service! The NARS applies clear and the Clinique primer is a bit more opaque (skin tone). It does help camouflage some discolouration on the lids, if that’s what you’re after too. As much as I like the NARS primer, Clinique has a slight edge over it because it is cheaper and more accessible :-)