Give Your Nails a Pop of Blue with Lunasol Vivid Blue Green Nail Polish EX09

by lyn on April 15, 2013 · 6 comments

in Limited Edition, Lunasol, Polish, Spring

This Spring, Lunasol brings us a bright and colourful collection of blues, greens and pinks themed Vivid Color Purification. The lip and blush products released in this collection were mostly neutrals and the items that stood out most were the eye palettes and nail polishes.

lunasol ex09

I have a couple of Lunasol nail polishes and really do like them. I honestly wanted to take all five nail polishes from the collection home with me but forced myself to pick only one due to my ever-growing stash. So I chose the Vivid Blue Green because I don’t actually have many teal blue polishes.

lunasol ex09

Vivid Blue Green is a pretty milky teal. I used the usual two coats but the coverage is not as opaque as I would have liked.

lunasol ex09

The formula is smooth and relatively thin. It levels out with three coats and definitely looks much better too.

lunasol ex09
From left to right: Dior Saint Tropez, Lunasol EX09 and China Glaze Audrey

Compared to Saint Tropez and Audrey, Vivid Blue Green is a tad bit lighter. Saint Tropez has a bluer tone and duskier finish. To date, it is still one of my favourite Dior polishes. However, any one of these shades is really pretty for spring and summer season!

lunasol ex09

If you’re looking for a bright pop of colour on your nails, I’d recommend taking a look at Lunasol’s spring collection. Other than the blue green shade, there’s a vibrant yellow, neon pink, crushed orange and hot red. Each polish is limited edition and retails at RM56.

lunasol ex09
* with three coats *

What are you wearing on your nails this season? Is it something bright too?

rinnah April 15, 2013 at 12:17 PM
lyn April 20, 2013 at 8:37 AM

Hi Rinnah, It’s a nice, bright colour but the formula is just a bit thin so the usual two coats I apply is not enough.

plue April 15, 2013 at 2:28 PM

i tried this but it gave me the lobster hands! my sis told me not to buy this shade, but other shades because the finish is just so lovely! and that coming from someone who doesn’t use much nail polish (she’s working in F&B industry), that’s saying something.
plue recently posted..Goodbye 2012, Hello 2013!My Profile

lyn April 20, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Hahaha, lobster hands! I think depending on your nail shape and length, it can be flattering. The other colours are quite nice too… I was eyeing the yellow and may go back for it.

Sunny April 16, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Hey Lyn, when I saw the shade I was immediately reminded of Dior Saint-Tropez! So happy you did a comparison there! It is also one of my favorite Dior Vernis ever. I wore it SO many times last year a third of the bottle is gone! Can’t wait to take it out again. There’s something really special about that one :)
Sunny recently posted..Achieving Dimension Has Never Been So Easy: Laura Mercier Sand Glow Caviar Stick Eye ColourMy Profile

lyn April 20, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Saint Tropez is fantastic and is by far my favourite blue! Most Dior polishes are very high quality and there’s always something a little special about them.