Saying Hello Again

by lyn on March 18, 2013 · 8 comments

in Drivel, Updates

penang butterfly farm

I honestly did not mean to drop off the face of the planet for such a long time but since Christmas last year, my time has been occupied with work, family commitments, more festivities (Chinese New Year) and life in general. Every weekend I tell myself to write something but things got in the way and I have to admit I did lose my blogging mojo for a while.

I really need to get back on track and am already planning my editorial calendar (yes, I know it’s hard to believe but I actually have one). I have not stopped buying beauty goodies and have quite a number of stuff to talk about, but I’ll try not to showcase some of the limited editions that are now hard to find.

vees deliprocessor

And oh, I just wanted to share with you my latest um… craze. My husband and I have been influenced by our work mates into this juicing / blending / smoothie trend. In fact, one of my colleagues is planning to start a juicing / smoothie club at work. We have been doing this since a month ago and recently got a super-duper powerful blender-deliprocessor thing. We have a regular Philips juicer as well but to be honest, we don’t use it as often as that darn thing is a pain in the patootie to clean.

Anyhoo, you should be seeing more food related posts around these parts because I’m trying to cook as many homecooked meals as possible and also am attempting to rekindle my love for food photography. If you visit my flickr sets, you will probably notice that I have the most photos in the Food & Drinks album :-) This also reminds me that I need to be more active on flickr!

penang butterfly farm

It feels good to catch up again. If you happen to see this post, do drop by to say “hi”!

Lots of love,
~Lyn~

beetrice March 18, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Hi! :) Don’t worry, life just got in the way of my blogging as well – it’s been ages since I posted anything up :( Here’s to getting back on that bandwagon! (and you’ve got me champing at the bit to pick up a blender after hearing you talk about yours!)
beetrice recently posted..Happy Chinese New Year!My Profile

lyn March 20, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Hey Bee, Thanks for understanding. And hooray to picking up a blender! I’m sure there are a lot more choices in SG and they might be cheaper too.

Paris B March 18, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Hello there, stranger! ;) You know what? I think a little diversification is good for the soul. Gets a bit too “boring” being stuck in the same rut talking about the same things over and over – good to change it up a little now and again ;)
Paris B recently posted..Cle de Peau Beaute Facial Service: You can’t buy it but its such a treat for the skinMy Profile

lyn March 20, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Thanks for the welcome back ;-) I think this is probably the 4th time I’ve done the hiatus thing but I really didn’t expect to take such a long break. I have been thinking about introducing other topics to blog about besides beauty products and wanted to do a weekend feature for a while. So now’s a good time as any to start. I love your weekend foodie posts. They always have me salivating!

Su Ann March 18, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Good to see you blogging again! I’m also such a fan of smoothies now, i have a thermomix myself. Looking forward to the food and makeup posts!

lyn March 20, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Thanks, Su Ann! Where did you get the Thermomix from? I quite like that mine has several presets and it’s 3 horsepower (ya, more powerful than my home air-con!). Hahaha… don’t actually anything so crazy-powerful but it’s nice to know that this thing can disintegrate almost anything ;-)

Joyce (bronzerbunny) March 27, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Hi! I like the idea of making smoothies, though I wouldn’t jump on the juicing trend – I need food too much! lol. anyway, good luck with the editorial calendar, I’m working on updating mine. :)
Joyce (bronzerbunny) recently posted..Put a Spring in Your Step With Lush Sexy Peel SoapMy Profile

lyn March 29, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Hi Joyce, I won’t be able to survive on juice or smoothies alone too ;-) I drink them as a supplement mostly and also because they are so yummy and refreshing. An editorial calendar definitely helps me feel more organinised but finding time to actually write and take photos is another matter altogether.