Blush Fiend: Spring-ing Into Action with My Blush Pick This Season

by lyn on March 29, 2013 · 14 comments

in Blush, Blush Fiend, Chanel, Showcase

I love Spring! It’s a shame I do not live in a seasonal country because this time of the year is usually lovely, with pretty blossoms in bloom and a feeling of love and happiness in the air. Nowadays, I only get to enjoy the spring season when I travel or through makeup collections.

Temple of Heaven, Beijing

This month, my fellow Blush Fiends and I decided on showcasing our favourite springtime blush. For those who are not familiar, the #blushfiend group is made up of a bunch of ladies who are really into blush. I couldn’t participate in the first collaboration back in January and thought I’d better not miss out again.

blushfiend spring

My pick for the perfect spring blush is Chanel’s Joues Constraste in Ultra Rose. This blush was from an Asia-exclusive release late last year and is part of their permanent collection, so you should be able to find it at most local Chanel counters.

blushfiend spring

Why do I think this blush is so apt for spring? I mean, look at how vibrant and pink it is! The colour reminds me of the deeper, almost magenta cherry tree flowers I came across in Beijing a few years ago (pictured above). Ultra Rose is an extremely bright pink with a satiny finish. I would say the colour is rather neon-like and is very pigmented, so a light hand is recommended. I normally use my Lunasol Cheek Brush or the Real Techniques Blush Brush to gently dab some colour onto my cheeks. Trust me, a little goes a long way.

I reckon this bubblegum pink colour makes me look a tad bit younger too (at least I’d like to think that) and any product that can shave off a couple of years from my face is good with me ;-) Although Ultra Rose has relatively cool undertones, it should still look pretty on warmer skin tones if used sparingly.

Ultra Rose comes in the Europe/Asia baked form and I usually have trouble with such products hardening over time. However it seems that Chanel has reformulated a few of their recent blushes and eyeshadows, so even if they come in a baked form, the texture remains soft and smooth.

Although Ultra Rose came out as a fall/winter release, I honestly think this blush fits nicely into spring. I purchased the blush from Chanel for RM140. Each pan weighs 4g and you are actually getting a lot of product because you’d only have to use very little at a time due to how pigmented this bright blush is.

Are you curious to see what the other beautiful Blush Fiends have picked out this season? Do check out the links below and enjoy the reads. I can’t wait to see what the lovely ladies have in store too!

Lily March 29, 2013 at 10:41 PM

I have this too!!!!!!! I love it. It’s a bright pink that DOES make us look younger. It must be that fresh bouncy pink :-P
Lily recently posted..Blush Fiends: Springtime BlushMy Profile

lyn March 30, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Hey Lily, bright pinks are definitely my favourite type of blushes. I’m glad you like Ultra Rose too because I honestly believe it is a really gorgeous blush and am so happy this was released locally.

Sunny March 29, 2013 at 10:44 PM

I LOVE the natural, healthy sheen Ultra Rose has on you! Glad to hear the baked versions aren’t hardening as much as well. I tried to stay away from baked products in general, but there are baked eyeshadows/blushes from Chanel that I enjoy a lot. It’d be so heartbreaking if they harden!
Sunny recently posted..Bask in Eternal Sunshine with Hourglass Radiant Light Ambient Lighting PowderMy Profile

lyn March 30, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Thanks, Sunny! I think Chanel may have reformulated their baked products because they all seem to have a softer consistency. I have a few of their baked eyeshadows and the pigmentation and texture are excellent.

Tine March 30, 2013 at 7:00 AM

Aww this is such lovely pop of colour on you, Lyn! What a beautiful flush of pink :)
Tine recently posted..Blush Fiends Issue #2: Showering Hearts In SpringtimeMy Profile

lyn March 30, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Thanks, Tine! I love your pick and those little hearts are too sweet for words :-)

Joyce (bronzerbunny) April 3, 2013 at 1:14 PM

ooooh this looks great on you! love the pink!
Joyce (bronzerbunny) recently posted..My First Experience with Sheet Masks: Koh Gen Do Macro Vintage Essence MaskMy Profile

lyn April 5, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Thank you, Joyce! I love your pick too and must go check out Stila CCs again. I have not used them for a long time.

plue April 4, 2013 at 12:31 PM

that looks lovely on you!

and the lip colour looks nice too!
plue recently posted..Goodbye 2012, Hello 2013!My Profile

lyn April 5, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Thanks, Plue! I am very sure this bright pink will look beautiful on you too as our skin tone is quite similar. The lippie is Chanel Rouge Coco in Boy (one of my fave “natural” lipsticks).

plue April 5, 2013 at 4:59 PM

haha! now all the more reason for me to go look at this blush and the lipstick! your skin sure look good in the pics! ;)
plue recently posted..Goodbye 2012, Hello 2013!My Profile

Vanessa April 9, 2013 at 7:23 AM

Wonderful post…I like your blog.^^
Maybe follow each other on bloglovin???
let me know follow you then back.
Lovely greets Nessa