Not Quite as Tumultous As I Thought – Chanel Joues Contraste in Tumulte

by lyn on December 5, 2012 · 15 comments

in Blush, Chanel, Summer

I hardly ever get Chanel Joues Contraste blushes as most of the ones available here are the European baked versions. These baked blushes have a harder texture and can sometimes be difficult to blend. Over time, it tends to get really difficult to get any colour off the pan so I have more or less been avoiding baked blushes.

In the past year however, Chanel has been releasing several pressed blush versions locally and I previously picked up Fleur de Lotus earlier this year. Well, some months back I got Tumulte as well but I forgot to review it.

chanel tumulte

How on earth did I forget about this blush? It is such a beautiful pink thing! Tumulte came out prior to Summer this year together with Malice and a re-released Pink Explosion.

The texture of Tumulte is in a pressed formula, similar to those released in the U.S. This version has a softer consistency and is easier to apply because the colour transfers well and blends out beautifully.

chanel tumulte

Tumulte is a bright pink with relatively cool undertones. It does not contain any noticeable shimmer but does have a lovely satin finish, that just subtly highlights the cheeks.

It is very pigmented and I would recommend a light hand if you have fair skin tones. My face is already quite pink in its natural state, so I try not to overdo blushes. I will end up looking like Mrs. Clown otherwise.

chanel tumulte
chanel tumulte

I honestly love this blush a lot and have been using it nearly daily the past week. It is fairly long-lasting but my face does get oily throughout the day so it will start fading slightly after about 6 hours of wear. It has a faint rose scent like most other Chanel products but I can barely detect it after a few minutes on my face.

chanel tumulte

I believe the Chanel Joues Contraste Tumulte is permanent because it is still available at most Chanel counters nationwide. If you are looking for a pretty pink blush with a wonderful texture (and you have some budget to spare), I’d highly recommend Tumulte. It is expensive… well, because it is Chanel and retails at RM140.

Do you have a favourite Chanel blush? I have already tried three so far and am loving each of them :-)

Lily December 5, 2012 at 10:21 AM

I have this too and I haven’t even reviewed it. It’s a beautiful shade of pink on me but I don’t like the scent. I find it quite overpowering.
Lily recently posted..A Mini Review of Lunasol Party Coffret 2012My Profile

lyn December 5, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Hi Lily, It is such a pretty blush! It’s a shame that you find the scent overpowering but I don’t even notice it anymore. It does dissipate so I won’t worry to much about it ;-)

xin December 5, 2012 at 11:14 AM

it’s a pretty pink and i can see how much u love it. so much that you need a fish face to go with it :P
xin recently posted..Money Saving Tips: Recycle your perfume boxes to greeting cardsMy Profile

lyn December 5, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Hey Xin, I can’t pull a proper fish face and mine is a rather failed attempt ;-) This blush is lovely and the texture is so nice and soft too.

plue December 5, 2012 at 11:16 AM

that pop of pink looks nice on you, like a natural flush :)
plue recently posted..Proud Moment: Ugly Turn PrettyMy Profile

lyn December 5, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Hi Plue, I think the blush will look really pretty on you as well. As pretty as it is, I’m sure I can find a cheaper dupe because it’s not that unique ;-) And honestly, nearly every blush looks the same on me since my cheeks are already pink without the help of blush.

plue December 6, 2012 at 12:24 AM

yeah I guess there are cheaper dupes. I also have the problem of blushes looking the same or nearly the same (if I look real closely) because I have ruddy cheeks!
plue recently posted..DIY: Personalized Card Holder Using Deco Tapes!My Profile

MisSmall December 6, 2012 at 2:43 PM

It’s a pretty pink and I’m a sucker for anything with the double CC’s, so my opinion is definitely gonna be biased. :p
MisSmall recently posted..Ally McBealMy Profile

lyn December 7, 2012 at 10:47 AM

It’s natural to be biased towards certain brands ;-) Do you happen to have a favourite Chanel blush too?

Sunny December 7, 2012 at 12:29 AM

This looks adorable on you! My favorite Chanel blush is Rose Initiale (it came out with the autumn collection but it wasn’t stated as LE, so it might be permanent). It’s pretty neutral, and it’s my go-to blush to wear with red lipsticks!
Sunny recently posted..Already Repurchased: Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance SerumMy Profile

lyn December 7, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Thanks, Sunny! Rose Initiale looks like a pretty blush too but I’m not sure if it’s still available though. I must have a look the next time I visit a Chanel counter.

Teri December 7, 2012 at 4:19 AM

Oh great, I am in love with this! It’s just the perfect pink shade and it looks so intense too. I have the same issue tho, I stay away from the European baked versions because the pigmentation is just poor. I recently fell madly in love with the Rouge one though, it’s insanely pigmented too!
Teri recently posted..Minis/Sample Love!My Profile

lyn December 7, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Yes, we have to spread the pink love around ;-) I think I’ve seen the Rouge one before but it’s so intensely red… but then again, I’m a sucker for crazy colours. Not sure if it’s still available but if it ever gets repromoted, I’d likely grab one too.

Paris B December 9, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Love how this looks. I haven’t been checking out Chanel blushes in recent times. You’re making me regret it :P
Paris B recently posted..My irrational desire to wear cold weather clothing despite the warm weatherMy Profile

lyn December 10, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Thanks, PB! I’ve been increasingly impressed but only with their more recent releases. The formula is much better from their previous baked versions. I’m rather tempted to go back for Malice, which has a peachier tone.