Kiss Me Quick, You Barmy Fool – Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Lovesick and Honey

by lyn on December 10, 2012 · 22 comments

in Lipbalm, Lipstick, New Release, Revlon

revlon just bitten

The last time I went completely bonkers over a lipstick release was due to Revlon. Do you remember the Lip Butters and how the world went little nuts? Well, Revlon has done it again! They recently brought in the Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains to Malaysia and they seem to be equally popular these days, if not more.

I first came across the Just Bitten lipsticks nearly a month ago and immediately reached out for the brightest fuschia shade they had. I also picked up a pink-brown because I don’t intend to wear crazy bright lips all the time.

revlon just bitten
revlon just bitten

Here you have 020 Lovesick and 001 Honey. Both so different and both so pretty!

revlon just bitten
revlon just bitten

Lovesick is a bright fuschia pink with very slight purple undertones. I love these colours and wear them quite frequently so taking Lovesick home with me was a no brainer. Honey is a muted, dusty pink with slight brown tones. It is a relatively neutral shade for days where you want to keep things simple.

revlon just bitten

The Revlon versions are very similar to Clinique’s Chubby Sticks, something I am also quite a fan of. The Balm Stain comes in a crayon-like tube with a swivel mechanism at the bottom so you do not need to sharpen them. It will be a pain to try to find a sharpener the size of these fat pencils anyway.

The texture of the Balm Stain is relatively smooth and applies without much fuss. The formula is not particularly moisturising and I’d recommend layering over a lipbalm if your lips are dry. It has a very slight tingly-cool sensation that goes away in a few seconds. I cannot detect much of a scent except during the initial application where it smells a little like a waxy spearmint.

The thing that is quite impressive is how long the Balm Stain lasts. It is a lip stain after all and on me, it will last through my usual morning coffee and lunch. Even after wiping my mouth, it will leave a light stain that doesn’t appear patchy. I don’t have a habit of touching up my face and the only thing I’ll do is reapply a lipbalm as my lips have a tendency to get dry.

revlon just bitten

Am I a fan and does the Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain deserve all the attention it’s been getting? Yes and yes! There are a total of 12 shades but in Malaysia, I think only 6 or 8 different shades were brought in. The others didn’t quite grab my attention as much as Lovesick and Honey.

In all honesty, I prefer these to the Lip Butters. I know they are different products so it may not be a fair comparison but a couple of my Lip Butters have softened and one of them actually broke off at the base. This has happened to another Revlon lipstick before, think it was from the ColorBurst range. Anyway, I don’t foresee the Balm Stain softening any time soon.

You can find the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain at most local drugstores and Sasa for RM33. It is a pretty reasonable price and is cheaper than the Chubby Sticks, which are going for RM58 each.

Have you jumped onto the Just Bitten Kissable wagon yet? Do you have a favourite shade? Do let me know why you like or dislike them too.

xin December 10, 2012 at 10:14 AM

I was at watsons and saw 4 colors, i wanted to buy the honey but it looks dull. Then, the lovesick appears to be too fuschia and barbie to me :( am afraid to look too bright because I have pale lips :S
now i am regretting, maybe i should go pick up one after work…
xin recently posted..Buckle up people! Seatbelts were designed to save lives.My Profile

lyn December 11, 2012 at 9:54 AM

I hope you get the chance to look again and find something you’d like, Xin. There are more muted pink shades available and I honestly think those will look really pretty on you :-)

Lily December 10, 2012 at 10:20 AM

I picked up the orange one. Not too bad, that one :-) I also find it a little drying, but nothing a lip balm can’t help!
Lily recently posted..Tip: How To Apply Bold Lipstick featuring RevlonMy Profile

lyn December 11, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Oh yes, the orange one is pretty! I think the texture has to be a bit dry since it is meant to be a stain, so I don’t mind it as much. It looks fine when layered with a lipbalm or gloss.

Paris B December 10, 2012 at 10:27 AM

I picked up a pink one (maybe Honey) and Romantic I think. Can’t remember these things :P Haven’t really tried it yet but I’m not a fan of the Chubby Sticks (too drying) and I am told these are more so so I’m not holding out much hope. But I just wanted to say I LOVE YOUR PICTURES WITH YOUR NEW SET UP! :D
Paris B recently posted..My irrational desire to wear cold weather clothing despite the warm weatherMy Profile

lyn December 11, 2012 at 10:02 AM

These are a wee bit drier than the Chubby Sticks but they are still not as dry as some of the matte lipsticks out there. And oh, can you imagine it only took me three years to finally do something about my set up? But the thing with taking full face shots with a DSLR means every single skin flaw will show. The smaller cameras tend to soften out my skin better. Hehehe…

Fiona December 10, 2012 at 10:29 AM

What a coincident! I did a review on Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain today too lol

lyn December 11, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Hey Fiona, I think we’ll be seeing quite a few of these Just Bitten stuff popping up around Malaysian blogs more frequently ;-) I’ll have to check your post out very soon!

beetrice December 10, 2012 at 12:52 PM

I picked up three when they were on discount, and also love Honey – two more to go! :D They’ve pushed out the Clinique Chubby Sticks, but I find them head to head with the Face of Australia ones so far. :)
beetrice recently posted..Montigo Resorts, Batam – you know you want to!…My Profile

lyn December 11, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Hey Bee, Honey seems to be quite a hit with most of us ;-) I haven’t tried the FOA ones and can’t recall if I came across them the last time I visited Sydney. I think Clinique is trying to compete because they have released quite a number of new shades recently and something called Chubby Sticks Intense, which are supposed to be more pigmented.

miz eloise December 10, 2012 at 4:25 PM

love these! your skin looks glowing. i already have 4 of these stains. good thing the philippines has the wntire 12 shades available. i have charm cherish honey crush.

check out my review at http://www.beautyholygrail.blogspot.com/2012/12/revlon-just-bitten-kissable-balm-stain_9.html?m=1

lyn December 11, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Hi Eloise, Thanks for the compliment. And oh, you’re very lucky to get all 12 shades! They are pretty good stuff and are relatively affordable. I don’t think we have Charm or Crush here but I may be wrong.

Sunny December 11, 2012 at 3:06 AM

Oh wow, these are SO pigmented! I’m not much of a lip butter fan (though seriously, I think I chose the wrong shades to try), but these look good! I haven’t tried any similar products yet. I hope they will make it here soon!
Sunny recently posted..This Boy Isn’t Quite Peach: Guerlain Peach Boy Rose aux Joues Blush Duo Photos, Swatch, ReviewMy Profile

lyn December 11, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Hey Sunny, I’m surprised these haven’t made their way to Oz yet. And I thought we get things late here. Have you tried Clinique’s Chubby Sticks before? The Revlon ones are quite similar except they are more pigmented and a tad bit drier.

Sunny December 11, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Hey Lyn, I live in Belgium and things are usually REALLY slow… I haven’t tried the Clinique one either. I’m weird that way. I started using any lip products late, but I pretty much went straight to lipsticks.
Sunny recently posted..Becca Baroque Eye Tint Gives Your Eyes Some Subtle Definition!My Profile

lyn December 12, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Hi Sunny, My apologies as I thought you are based in Australia! Silly me ;-) Ah, yes… I’ve heard some European countries tend to get US releases a wee bit slower but I’m sure it will arrive very soon. I prefer lipsticks as well but these chubby balm things are just too cute and fun.

miz eloise December 11, 2012 at 4:57 PM

@xin go pick up honey. its builfable and once it dries it leaves a soft berry shade / pink shade. unlike the other deeper colors, honey is very buildable and u can even try mixing them up. my next prospect is rendezvous. its orangey at first but leaves a coral stain after

Avvie December 13, 2012 at 12:35 PM

The colours look very pretty on you! I especially liked your eye makeup with the Honey shade. c: Will check these out soon. Have been looking for a reasonably priced balm/tint to invest on (or perhaps I’ll wait for this to go on discount first, haha :p ).

lyn December 15, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Hey girl, I think Guardian may be having some discounts or they are sold at a cheaper price (less than RM30). There are a couple of pretty pink and nude shades that will look darling on you ;-)

Juan December 17, 2012 at 11:29 PM

i love honey too!! was a little bit greedy after i read So Loverly and picked up more than I should. now i’m only using honey, adore, romantic and the orange one more than i wear the other 2 fuschia/pink colours. but to think that they all cost as much as the tom ford lippie i bought in london, combined, i guess i shouldn’t worry too much about it :D
Juan recently posted..The Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain – more than just stains.My Profile

lyn December 19, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Hey Juan, Ya… I can tell you have the Just Bitten fever ;-) These are certainly so much kinder to our wallets.