Body Buffing with Some Natural Grit from Human Nature Luxury Body Scrub

by lyn on July 4, 2012 · 14 comments

in Human Nature, Scrub

Body scrubs are one of those miscellaneous beauty products that I don’t pay much attention to. I am relatively happy with my large tub of Paul & Joe’s salt scrub and still have quite a bit left. Truth be told, I just don’t use body scrubs much and it all boils down to my laziness of incorporating an additional step during shower time.

human nature body scrub

So, when Human Nature or Human “Heart” Nature Luxury Body Scrub appeared on my doorstep a few months ago, I admit it was rather neglected from the rest of the products I received. But I started using it a couple of weeks ago and boy, am I in love with this scrubby now.

human nature body scrub

The Human Nature body scrub comes in a bog standard plastic tub. The scrub itself is in a white creamy, buttery form with little exfoliating grits. I came to find out later that the bits were brown rice beads. The scrub is lemongrass scented and this is one of the main reasons why I like it so much. I must warn you that the scent is quite prominent but it doesn’t linger much and fades pretty quickly after washing off. I do find it to be very uplifting during a shower though. If you’re not a fan of herbal or lemongrass aromatics, you probably will not like this scrub much.

human nature body scrub

The creamy scrub spreads very smoothly on wet or damp skin. I have read a few people complaining that there’s not enough grit but to me, I think it’s quite enough. My skin is pretty sensitive and I can’t over-scrub it or get too abrasive. So in terms of grit and cream, I do think it’s a nice balance.

Another reason why I like this body scrub is that it washes off easily. There are scrubs that tend to be really heavy or laden with oils and they leave a rather slimy, unclean feeling behind. With this scrub, my skin is left feeling smooth especially on my arms and I find that body lotions or creams used after will absorb better.

human nature body scrub

In summary, this product pretty much rocks my boat and after using it twice weekly the last couple of weeks, my skin is looking smoother and feels softer. A 100g tub will probably last 2 to 3 months with regular weekly use. The price tag of RM24.90 is pretty easy on the wallet too.

Human Nature or Human “Heart” Nature is a socially-conscious Filipino brand that is Cruelty Free with core values of being Pro-Phillipines, Pro-Poor and Pro-Environment. The products are distributed by Down to Earth locally and can be purchased from the website directly. The products are budget-friendly and I’d highly recommend checking them out if you are looking for a natural alternative.

Ingredients List: Theobroma cacao (cocoa) butter, beeswax, ceto-stearyl alcohol (vegetable derived), glyceryl monostearate (vegetable derived), goat’s milk powder, water, bee propolis, Oryza sativa (brown rice) beads, tocopherol (vegetable derived), Cymbopogon citratus (lemongrass) essential oil.

Featured product provided by PR for consideration.

Lily July 4, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Looks lovely! But I’m just so lazy to scrub a dub dub in the shower… Putting on lotion is already a chore. Lol!
Lily recently posted..Revlon PhotoReady Two Way Powder Foundation: A Brief ReviewMy Profile

lyn July 8, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Hi Lily, I feel the same too. But I’m really pleased with this scrub and have been using it quite frequently, which is a little surprising.

rinnah July 4, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Sounds nice! :) Mmm…lemongrass smell…
rinnah recently posted..An Empty ProblemMy Profile

lyn July 8, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Hey Rinnah, You will like this! The lemongrass scent is so therapeutical and refreshing. It’s not the fake kind of scent too.

plue July 4, 2012 at 12:59 PM

awesome! i was just telling my sister that there weren’t many cheap body scrubs around, but now there are! happies! thanks for reviewing, it sounds it would make a delightful scrub :D
plue recently posted..Love At First Use: Antipodes Organic Hosanna Intense Hydrating SerumMy Profile

lyn July 8, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Hi Plue, I’d recommend checking Down To Earth’s site. There’s only one body scrub option available and I do hope the company will create more different scents in the future. Lemongrass is nice though :-)

Lhizzie July 4, 2012 at 2:37 PM

This product is actually really helpful especially this summer.. I am hoping that I can grab one for me because I will be needing this soon..
Lhizzie recently posted..Sharepoint HostingMy Profile

lyn July 8, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Hi, It is a lightweight scrub and washes off easily so it is good for the warmer season. I live in the tropics and if I can tolerate this scrub, most people should. It’s only a matter of whether you’re a fan of lemongrass.

3lin July 4, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Good review. I think I gonna grab it since I have run out of body scrub. The price pretty good too.
3lin
3lin recently posted..Tokio Cafe @ Cyberjaya Part 2My Profile

lyn July 8, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Hello, It is a lovely body scrub and the price is very reasonable. I am definitely getting another tub when I run out because it won’t break the bank ;-)

beetrice July 5, 2012 at 11:27 AM

sounds nice! will have to check this out when I run out of my body scrub. :D
beetrice recently posted..Fabulous Finds – Malaysia’s first beauty box that will have you looking AND feeling good…My Profile

lyn July 8, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Hi Bee, Oooh, yes… and when you do, let me know what you think. It’s actually my favoured body scrub these days and I like that it washes off easily. With the weather being so hot lately, I cannot tolerate shower products that leave a sticky, slick residue.

Memoiselle July 7, 2012 at 8:49 PM

This sounds good! I regularly apply body scrub and it feels so good after applying it. I would love to try this product :)
Memoiselle recently posted..Lunasol Summer 2012 Glowing Powder Cheeks In EX 03 Pure Coral PinkMy Profile

lyn July 8, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Hi sweetie, I’d recommend the scrub only if you like lemongrass scent. I’m not sure if Down To Earth ships to Singapore as it’s not stated if they do international orders but there’s no harm asking.