Yummy and Buttery Goodness with Kiehl’s Creme de Corps Soy Milk and Honey Whipped Body Butter

by lyn on June 20, 2012 · 13 comments

in Kiehls, Lotion

kiehls body butter

I have a huge soft spot for honey fragranced products, especially for the body because I just love the sweet and creamy smells associated with honey. I did not plan on getting the Kiehl’s Soy Milk and Honey body butter, which I think was the latest addition to the Creme de Corps range. But it was love at first sniff!

kiehls body butter

The Kiehl’s body butter is housed in a simple and cheerful yellow tub. Upon opening the lid, you will be greeted by a gorgeous coconut-ty and honey-ish scent. I initially thought it would smell like bananas, possibly due to the colour of the tub and cream, but the coconut scent was a pleasant and welcomed surprise. Next to honey, I love coconut fragrances. The combination in this body butter is so delish!

kiehls body butter

Unlike many body butters I have tried, the Kiehl’s Creme de Corps version feels lightweight and the whipped texture is absolutely lovely. It does absorb quite quickly and leaves my skin soft and smooth. It is formulated with a key blend of shea butter, jojoba oil, squalene and beta carotene, to keep skin supple and hydrated. And it doesn’t feel sticky, which is one of the deciding factors for me because humid, tropical weather and icky body creams is just a terrible combination.

kiehls body butter

I have been slathering this stuff on mostly at night for the past two weeks and am happy to report that my skin feels and looks better moisturised. Yes, the scent is very strong and it does linger, so those opposed to heavy fragrances ought to stay far, far away from this body butter. In fact, there are a few other unfragranced Creme de Corps products that may suit those with sensitive noses better. I do have a very sensitive nose as well but I also have a high tolerance to most fragrances. It is on the sweet side but not sickeningly so.

If you are like me and love anything remotely coconut, I’d recommend getting a tub of this goodness for yourself. The Kiehl’s Creme de Corps Soy Milk and Honey body butter costs RM140 for a 225g tub. There is a bigger tub (340g) available at RM190. It is an indulgence but one I am willing to splurge on because it helps my dry skin look better and makes me smell like a dessert :-)

Have you tried out any Kiehl’s body products before? Do you like honey or coconut scented products? What are you favourite type of smells on body products?

Sara (LennynB) June 20, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Oooh another thing added to the to buy list. Love honey and coconut scented products:)
Sara (LennynB) recently posted..Updated ESSIE collection Part 2My Profile

lyn June 27, 2012 at 7:50 AM

Hi Sara, If you like coconut and honey, you will like the Kiehls body butter lots :-) Do be warned that the scent is strong and lingers but I love it and don’t mind smelling it all day.

rinnah June 20, 2012 at 10:48 AM

I love the way you’ve described this body butter but my nose doesn’t like the sound of the fragrance. Time to check out the un-fragranced versions! :D
rinnah recently posted..World Gourmet Summit 2012My Profile

lyn June 27, 2012 at 7:51 AM

Hey Rinnah, I don’t think you’ll find this body butter appealing. It is quite an assault on one’s olfactory system! But I love it… Hehehe… The other Creme de Corps are unfragranced and the textures are all a little different. Do try them out when you get the opportunity. You may find something you’d like.

MisSmall June 20, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Soy milk and honey, yum! Coconut, um, unfortunately no. Scent that is very strong and linger? Then my husband will stay very far, far away from me. Haha.
MisSmall recently posted..FatMy Profile

lyn June 27, 2012 at 7:53 AM

Awww… it’s a shame you don’t fancy coconut scents. My husband actually likes the sweet smell of the body butter and he’s usually quite averse to strongly scented products. So, you’ll just never know with yours ;-)

plue June 25, 2012 at 10:09 AM

if you didn’t say this is body butter, i would have thought it’s edible butter! look at that gorgeous yellow creamy goodness! :P

i have skipped using body butters now, weather too hot already! even lotions i need to pick really light ones
plue recently posted..Instagram: Taking A Sip In McCafeMy Profile

lyn June 27, 2012 at 8:02 AM

Hi Plue, Surprisingly the Kiehls body butter doesn’t feel very heavy on me. But I am under aircon most of the time. The weather is crazy hot! I’m just waiting for the rainy season to start.

plue June 27, 2012 at 10:02 AM

i want rainy season to start too, but i’ll cringe when I do my laundry or when I walk to work LOL. dilemma :P
plue recently posted..Instagram: Taking A Sip In McCafeMy Profile

Bethany July 9, 2012 at 4:10 PM

The coconut smell would put me off a little, I think. I’m a sucker for chocolate scented products. xD
Bethany recently posted..Etude House Happy Tea Time Cleansing Foam Review (Peach)My Profile

lyn July 13, 2012 at 10:46 AM

I know coconut is not everyone’s cup of tea but I love how this body butter smells!