What Beauty Products Do You Keep At Work?

by lyn on May 1, 2012 · 21 comments

in Drivel

work desk

A couple of months ago, the #evurl girls suggested we do a post on 1st of May to reveal what beauty products we keep at work. It sounded like a good idea at that time until I took a look around my work desk and discovered I don’t really have much.

What you see in the photo above is the usual state of my cubicle with one less laptop. At the time of taking the photo, I had received a new laptop and was transitioning between the older one, which is why there were three on my desk. It was also pretty late in the evening and I was about to dial into a meeting.

You’ll probably notice there are no beauty products on my desk. That’s because they are kept in my drawer.

work desk

Yes, that’s it, people! Four items and one of which I forgot I had.

Liese Juicy Shower – Some hair cologne and softener thing (I think). Not even sure what it’s for and can’t recall when I purchased it.
L’Occitane Hand Cream in Peony – This is probably something I use a bit more often. Sometimes when my cuticles are looking terribly dry, I’ll dab a teeny bit onto each finger and massage the cream in.
Lucas Pawpaw Ointment – I have two eczema patches on each leg, which can itch like a b*tch when I get really stressed out. The itching can be triggered by allergies and dryness also. This ointment helps moisturise the area and soothe the flare-ups slightly.
Egyptian Magic Cream – A friend of mine helped purchased this and I have it handy for eczema flare-ups or sudden itching on any part of my body.

Are you surprised with the little amount of beauty related products I have at work?

I do carry lipsticks, lipbalms, a pressed powder and blotting papers in my bag but I don’t leave them at the office, so I guess they don’t really count. I do all my makeup prior to work and I hardly ever bother touching up except to reapply a lipbalm or blot my face.

So, now it’s your turn to share. What beauty related products or items do you keep at work? Do pop by and let me know because I’m now a little curious to find out what others have on their desks ;-)

PS: Photos were taken with my phone so please don’t mind the blurriness.

Paris B May 1, 2012 at 12:04 PM

That’s 4 more products that I have at work :P
Paris B recently posted..Your Say: Do you keep beauty products at work? What do you have on hand?My Profile

lyn May 5, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Hehehe, ya… you are really minimalistic ;-) Quite honestly, I hardly use the four miserable items I have at work however I’ve been itching more often lately, probably due to stress so I’ve been using Lucas Pawpaw a bit more regularly.

Megan May 1, 2012 at 1:15 PM

I wouldn’t say that I keep any beauty products at work since I’m on different aircraft all the time but in my crewbag I always make sure that I have hand cream, rosewater facial mist is a must, face powder, lip balm and lipstick, Lush solid perfume and if it’s summer I’ve have spray deodorant on hand.

lyn May 5, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Ah, yes. You’ll probably need a number of products with you. Which rosewater mist do you use? I’m trying to look for a good one so would love to hear some recommendations.

Helz Nguyen May 1, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Lol, I was thinking about this a few times at work when I look at my desk.. wayyy too many beauty products! I have a hand cream, hand sanitizer (may not be a beauty product to some), leave-in conditioner for hair, hair oil, lip balm, hair scalp treatment (lol Im trying to grow my hair), oil blotting papers, vitamin b5 cream for chapped skin or lips and sometimes have sunscreen or powder on there too. You are better me than ;)
Helz Nguyen recently posted..3 Day Detox Fruit Flush Diet – Day 2My Profile

lyn May 5, 2012 at 1:12 AM

As long as you have what works for you and having everything at hand makes things easier too :-) I should start keeping a few more things at work since I spend more than half my time there and am making a point to take several products in on Monday. I really need a body lotion because my skin gets rather dry and tight, and it will start itching.

Audrey May 2, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Well lol I have none :P

Except if you count those in my bag , where I have two Evolution of Smooth (EOS) colorful egg-shaped lip balms and one small jar of Egyptian Magic Cream which I scooped out from the big bottle. FYI the EMC works better on my chapped lips than any lip balm I’ve used before.

lyn May 5, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Hi Audrey, I’ve tried EMC as a lip balm but it doesn’t really work on me. I think it’s better as a moisturiser for those “emergency” moments. I just carry the rest of my beauty products with me too.

plue May 2, 2012 at 10:38 AM

i have got nothing beauty related stuff which I keep at work :P

i don’t like touching ups other than the occasional blotting and lipbalms when i have really dry lips, but those are in the bag… so it doesn’t count right?
plue recently posted..Majolica Majorca Blood OnMy Profile

lyn May 5, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Ya, don’t think what you carry in your bag counts ;-) The folks I work with are relatively erm… low maintenance. Hardly anyone wears makeup so they probably think I’m a little weird for going in with a face full of slap everyday. I don’t know what they’ll make of me if beauty products start mushrooming around my cubicle. Hehehe…

plue May 7, 2012 at 10:29 AM

my office no one wears makeup so when I have too much on my table or put on too much makeup (by their standards), i think it would spook them out!

the perils of being #evurl :P
plue recently posted..Majolica Majorca Blood OnMy Profile

lyn May 13, 2012 at 9:55 AM

If you keep wearing makeup regularly, the comments and stares will stop one day ;-) I don’t keep a lot at the office but I do carry a few essentials with me. I think I should start keeping a stash of beauty products at work because I’ll be reminded to use them whenever I get time. They are mostly going to be body lotions and maybe a scent.

Meryl May 2, 2012 at 12:59 PM

I am always having The Body Shop Body butter duo plus burts bee’s cuticle balm with me. I always apply them before I start work and after lunch. I just love the smell and the feeling of my moist skin :)
Looking at some beauty products on my office table makes me feel happy, do you feel that too?
Meryl recently posted..FOTD with Chanel MatelasséesMy Profile

lyn May 5, 2012 at 1:22 AM

You know, after seeing how dismal the “beauty” state of my work desk is, I’m already planning to keep a few more products at work. Will probably take a couple of body lotions in and several other essentials since I can’t carry some of this stuff with me all the time.

Louise May 4, 2012 at 4:19 PM

What a cute idea for a post! Like you, I only really keep a little lotion/ body spray duo from Philosophy at my desk. But I also always carry blotting powder & sheets & lip gloss or balm in my bag.

xx Louise
Louise recently posted..Today I’m Wearing… NARS RamatuelleMy Profile

lyn May 5, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Hey, that’s a good idea! I ought to keep a body spray around. I have been staying back late very often and it’s probably ideal to smell nice all day ;-)

Jyoan May 5, 2012 at 9:04 PM

haha, I was about to ask what sort of work do you do in this world, with three computers, until I read your post.

Great items to have! I haven’t tried any of Lucas Pawpaw. Not available in my country. Neither have I tried Egyptian Magic though it was at one point so well-raved!
Jyoan recently posted..The Olive Branch by Lush ReviewMy Profile

lyn May 6, 2012 at 8:38 AM

I think my friend got the EMC online and she loves it lots and it works really well on her. For me, I just use it as a eczema relief cream or sometimes allover my arms when the skin gets really dry and tight.

Ting May 17, 2012 at 11:29 PM

A tube of Burt’s Bee foot cream. Love moisturising my feet before starting work. Sounds strange isn’t it? It’s like brain feels happy when feet are happy. :)

lyn May 18, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Ah, that’s a lovely idea! I never thought of foot cream and really should leave one at work. I don’t think it’s strange at all to keep your feet happy. You’ll feel a bit lighter (and happier) especially if your foot cream contains a bit of peppermint to give you some zip and zing.