Candy Coated Nails with Dior Vernis for Summer 2012 in Bikini 231 and Saint Tropez 401

by lyn on May 7, 2012 · 16 comments

in Dior, Limited Edition, New Release, Polish, Summer

dior bikini st tropez

This Summer, Dior released two nail polishes in the Croisette Collection 2012 and I have been anticipating their arrival for the past couple of months. Aptly named Bikini and Saint Tropez, it conjures up images of sun, blue seas and bright skies. Don’t you feel like packing your bags and jet-setting off to the French Riviera where the polishes took inspiration from?

dior bikini st tropez
dior bikini st tropez

I decided to do a nail skittle because these two colours compliment each other so well and I love how pretty they look together. Not to mention they look yummy like candy! This is a manicure I’ll definitely be doing when I go on holiday :-)

dior bikini

Bikini is a orange-peach with slightly pink undertones. It has a somewhat dusty finish, which I really like as it is not the usual bright sunny orange but something a little more muted. The formula is typical Dior; it’s smooth and applies easily without streaking. I wore two coats in the photos.

dior st tropez

Saint Tropez is a repromoted colour from last year’s Summer collection and I am so happy I managed to snag a bottle this year as I had missed it before. This polish is a vibrant turquoise with a slight hint of aqua. Under daylight, it leans more turquoise but in indoor tungsten lighting, it deepens to a robin egg blue. The formula is smooth and dries to a glossy cream finish. I had two coats in the photo but it will do better with three.

dior lineup comparison
* Bikini compared to the Dior Color Block polishes released in April *

I am such a fan of Dior Vernis now because they are one of the nicest polishes around. I tend to have issues applying cream or jelly formulas but so far, Dior has impressed me with their relatively faultless quality. They are also fairly long-lasting polishes and Dior doesn’t usually start chipping until the 5th day.

dior bikini st tropez

Dior Vernis in Bikini 231 and Saint Tropez 401 are both limited edition and can be found at most Dior counters but Saint Tropez is a very popular polish and may be sold out at a couple of places. Each bottle retails at RM72.

Do you have a Summer favourite and have you tried these Dior polishes yet? Do let me know what you think as I’d love to see if you like them as much as I do.

Meryl May 7, 2012 at 10:54 AM

From these two, my pick would be bikini. It’s a great summer color and it looks fresh :) Saint Tropez is a nice blue color however this kind of blue doesn’t really catch my eye.
Meryl recently posted..Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited Blogger EventMy Profile

lyn May 13, 2012 at 9:57 AM

I think Saint Tropez may be one of those colours that can be difficult to wear but I really like it. I don’t have many blue polishes so this is a welcomed addition. Bikini is definitely one of my favourite corals from Dior so far! It is so pretty! Do let me know what you think if you happen to check it out.

xin May 7, 2012 at 2:10 PM

the Saint tropez remind me of my a-england galahad, just creamier than tropez
xin recently posted..Monday’s Awesome Discovery – Soak up the moisture with Daiso silica gel packsMy Profile

lyn May 13, 2012 at 10:00 AM

I thought Galahad is a deeper teal blue but you know what, I’m starting to like blue polishes a lot lately. Saint Tropez is not a particularly creamy polish and I did have slight issues with it but it does level out very nicely.

plue May 7, 2012 at 3:58 PM

your nails are really nicely done, and you are right, the colour combo look so pretty together!

i might pick up bikini, somehow the blue… reminds me of an essie polish i have and that didn’t flatter my skintone well.
plue recently posted..Majolica Majorca Blood OnMy Profile

lyn May 13, 2012 at 10:01 AM

I think blue is a difficult colour but it does suit my skin tone so I’m really happy with how Saint Tropez looks on me. Bikini is pretty! I am loving it very much and plan to wear it on my upcoming holiday :-)

gin May 7, 2012 at 10:20 PM

they are great when u combine them like this! *drool*
however…i still cant justify myself buying branded nail polish…. >.<
rm72 x 2 = the amount i cant get a lot of the others stuffs

lyn May 13, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Yes, it is a ridiculous amount to pay for polish and quite honestly, you are likely to find cheaper dupes out there ;-) I really wish that higher-end brands will stop raising their prices because it is getting less and less affordable.

Jelena May 8, 2012 at 5:36 PM

I love that combination, Bikini in the Saint Tropez:) And really nice glossy finish!

lyn May 13, 2012 at 10:07 AM

It is my favourite this season and I am definitely wearing these colours when I go on holiday :-) The formula for Bikini is really good and between the two, I’d recommend Bikini because it’s easier to wear and will suit most skin tones.

ashley brooke May 9, 2012 at 9:39 AM

wow, these colors are so gorgeous. i think i need them both immediately! new follower, can’t wait to catch up on your posts :)

lyn May 13, 2012 at 10:09 AM

They are very, very pretty! Thanks for stopping by! I will check out your blog soon too :-) Do note that I need to fix many older posts due to my move from Blogger to Wordpress so if you see any broken posts, just ignore them as they are a garbled mess at the moment.

Esther May 17, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Arghhh I am so torn, I am not sure if I should be getting both or just one? I tried both at the Dior counter yesterday and I loved them both! Also I managed to swatch Chanel’s “Distraction” on my nails as well and it is quite close to Bikini. I am not sure which to get?

lyn May 18, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Chanel Distraction has a bit of that famous secret shimmer that Chanel’s really good at. For the most part, it does look similar to Bikini. Personally, if you can carry off the teal blue, I’d recommend picking up Saint Tropez because it’s more unique. Corals and pinks are easier to dupe.

Esther May 18, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Haha, guess what? I ended up getting both :P

lyn May 18, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Hahaha, ok! Enjoy your new polishes :-) Hope you love them as much as I do!