Beauty Shots: Givenchy Eye Palette in Bucolic Blossoms No.79 for Spring 2012

by lyn on May 4, 2012 · 18 comments

in Eyeshadow, Givenchy, Limited Edition, Showcase, Spring

givenchy bucolic blossoms

It has been a really long time since I last purchased anything from Givenchy but the moment I casted my eyes on their Spring’12 Instant Bucolique Collection eye palette, it was love. It was also quite coincidental that I watched a Lisa Eldridge makeup tutorial the same evening and she was featuring the pretty pastel palette.

givenchy bucolic blossoms
givenchy bucolic blossoms
Prisme Yeux Quatuor Bucolic Blossoms NΒ° 79

The eye palette is limited edition so it may be hard to come by. I got mine from Parkson Pavilion almost a month ago and am not sure if it is still available.

Have you picked up anything from this year’s Spring collection that you are really loving?

kahani May 4, 2012 at 10:45 AM

I know bucolic means peaceful and pastoral but dammit it sounds like a disease! Hate the word, charmed by the palette.
kahani recently posted..What is a foundation that isn’t a foundation? Dr. Perricone No Foundation FoundationMy Profile

lyn May 5, 2012 at 1:34 AM

I think it’s the “colic” in bucolic that makes it sound terrible. Good thing it’s such a pretty palette ;-)

Meryl May 4, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Hi Lyn,
this is a charming spring palette. I love how it looks :) How is the pigmentation? Do you experience any fallouts/
Meryl recently posted..CHANEL Ombres MatelassΓ©es 51, Montaigne Swatches and ReviewMy Profile

lyn May 5, 2012 at 1:35 AM

The formula is really nice and I didn’t really experience fall out. However I don’t usually pile on a heavy layer and tend to work with a rather light hand. The colours are surprisingly pigmented. I’ll try to do a more in-depth review soon and show swatches.

Louise May 4, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Such a lovely mixture of pastels! I also really appreciate how they included a neutral brown to ground the look. I totally know the Lisa Eldridge video you were talking about- LOVE her!

xx Louise

lyn May 5, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Yes, the brown makes a difference and works well as a base, crease colour or liner. I plan to experiment with the palette this weekend and want to recreate the look Lisa did. If it turns out successful, I’ll post about it.

gin May 4, 2012 at 8:57 PM

i love pastels! how does this fare? pigmented or sheer? long lasting?
i need to go to givenchy to swatch this!!

ps: how is the price like? come to think about it, never used givenchy makeup before! only used their perfumes XD

lyn May 5, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Yes, they are pigmented for pastels and it was one of the reasons why I purchased the palette. It lasts similarly to most eyeshadows however I normally use a primer because nothing stays on my lids. Do swatch and let me know what you think! The palette costs RM199.

gin May 5, 2012 at 3:22 PM

now i really have to go and have a swatch! love pigmented palate!

lyn May 6, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Oooh, yes… please do and let me know what you think! The colours combined are super pretty :-)

gin May 7, 2012 at 10:17 PM

ME SWATCHED!
very pigmented! lovely~~ but they are matte!
i dont do matte eye makeup…somehow or rather i just love the shimmers! not the bling bling type i do definitely need some amount satin finish at least!!!
HOWEVER, highly recommended for matte palate lovers! the colours are so lovely and highly pigmented!!!!!!

Helz Nguyen May 4, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Gorrrrrgeous, love the color combo in this palette! I actually havent bought any makeups from any Spring collections yet. But I do have a list already, just havent had time to go shop around! I prefer buying stuff online anyways, since its cheaper than buying it straight from the stores here.
Helz Nguyen recently posted..Haul It’s Skin from GmarketMy Profile

lyn May 5, 2012 at 1:49 AM

It’s one of the Springtime palettes I am most happy with! Where do you normally shop for Western or Japanese brands? I’d love some recommendations.

germs May 6, 2012 at 3:07 PM

this is really pretty, do show how you’ll wear it please :) i’m always pretty unsure of how to wear pink eyeshadow but that is one gorgeous shade of pink!
germs recently posted..Battle of the Drugstore Lippies: Loreal Nutri Shine by Color Riche, Revlon Lip Butters and Maybelline Baby LipsMy Profile

lyn May 13, 2012 at 9:51 AM

I will definitely do a look with this palette someday! It is very pretty and all the shades compliment each other very well.

Paris B May 10, 2012 at 11:45 AM

I saw this at Sephora and you know what? I keep seeing Bubolic and I think “Plague” :P Especially the face powder/blush that looks like blood spatter. Friend said I watch too much CSI *hangs head in shame* On a related note, I do think Givenchy does nice makeup but they are easy to overlook :)
Paris B recently posted..You don’t need a black tie event to wear the Dior Addict Extreme Black Tie lipstick, It works for all occasionsMy Profile

lyn May 13, 2012 at 10:23 AM

They should have named it something else, there ought to be nicer French / English words. I thought the blush looked interesting and that pastel “blood spatter” pattern is definitely different from anything else in my current stash. I used to be quite interested in Givenchy makeup many years ago but sort of lost it along the way. This diseased-sounding collection has piqued my interest again ;-)

lyn May 13, 2012 at 10:03 AM

I don’t think the palette is matte… it’s more a satin-sheen finish? It does not really contain much shimmer but it’s not completely matte either. I must do swatches soon because it may be the lighting at the store that gave a matte impression.