There’s Something About Guerlain Météorites Perles in Teint Rose

by lyn on April 4, 2012 · 19 comments

in Bronzer & Highlighter, Guerlain

My very first experience with Guerlain Meteorites was a tiny, tiny sample when I was a teen. The container was really small and so were the famous Meteorite balls. That thing had me stumped. I couldn’t, for the life of me, figure out what they were for.

guerlain meteorites teint rose

But thanks to the internet and my dear friend / enabler Paris B, I think I now know what the Meteorites is supposed to do. I bought a travel-sized duo from the Hong Kong International Airport last year and have been using it quite regularly since.

Guerlain Meteorites comes in three different colour harmonies and they each contain different pearly balls. I picked up Teint Rose because it seemed to be most neutral of the three and I wasn’t too sure if the others would be too warm or sparkly. Teint Rose consists of pink, white, mint green, yellow and lavender pearls.

guerlain meteorites teint rose

It’s really difficult to capture what Teint Rose looks like when swatched and after a few attempts trying to photograph it, I gave up. The effect is a bit mysterious and not very obvious. There’s just something about these pearly Meteorite balls that imparts a very, very subtle glow but yet, manages to illuminate and enliven one’s complexion.

It’s as if someone sprinkled pixie dust over your head.

guerlain meteorites teint rose

There is a lilac scent but it dissipates very quickly and shouldn’t bother or interfere with your olfactory senses. I find the scent to be pretty soothing, so I don’t mind it much.

It’s not really a highlighter but more like an illuminating finishing powder. I have used this over pressed and loose powder and even on it’s own over liquid foundation, and each time it gives off a lovely, ethereal quality and glow. It manages to brighten my complexion and makes me look somewhat angelic. Okay, that is probably an exaggeration because I look nothing like an angel ;-)

guerlain meteorites teint rose

One of the things I discovered when using Guerlain’s Meteorites is that you need a suitable brush to apply with. At the beginning, I was using a blush brush but I find that it works best with fluffy powder brushes, such as the RMK or Lunasol powder brush. You can throw away that silly pink scratchy brush that Guerlain includes in the travel duo.

I now use Teint Rose almost daily and am so in love with it. Compared to Cruel Gardenia, I find Teint Rose to be less sparkly and a bit more subtle in effect. The pearly shimmers is not noticeable and people will be left wondering what’s that little secret of yours that makes you look lit from within.

guerlain meteorites teint rose

I can’t recall the price I paid for the travel-sized duo but I am seriously tempted to get a full sized jar (RM185). But you know what? These balls are really difficult to use up and although I’ve been using my little tub regularly, it doesn’t even look like it’s anywhere near finished.

Have you tried Guerlain Meteorites and what is your favourite colour harmony (shade range)? Does it have the same effect on you?

rinnah April 4, 2012 at 10:17 AM

I like that the packaging of your travel set looks so much better than mine! (Mine was the old edition with the mosaic cardboard design.)

You’re right on every count about the Meteorites. Lovely glowy look and I actually do think you look angelic! :D I’ll never be able to finish the ones I have but that doesn’t stop me from looking and coveting more…
rinnah recently posted..High Tea with Bella BoxMy Profile

lyn April 4, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Aiyo, you’re too sweet to think I look anything close to angelic ;-)

I think mine is the updated version and I know the one you’re talking about. Talk about coveting, I now want every Meteorites I can get my hands on!

plue April 4, 2012 at 10:41 AM

meteorites has always been something i want to purchase, but never gotten around to it.

thank you for the review, and paris for enabling most of us, i have just made up my mind to get this :D

who can resist an angelic glow eh? p/s: i do think that you are a darling angel! *hugs*
plue recently posted..The Lust List #1My Profile

lyn April 5, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Awww, you’re too sweet, Plue :-) And yes, I blame PB for this Meteorites obsession. Teint Rose is really pretty and quite subtle. I think you’ll like this too.

plue April 5, 2012 at 10:37 AM

haha with Teint Rose and the Pucci ones in mind, i’d better stop buying anything else already :P
plue recently posted..The Lust List #1My Profile

Paris B April 4, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Goshdarnit! I need to go get some commission from Guerlain :P But YAY FOR METEORITES!! Now, are you in for the Pucci ones this summer? I’m already eyeing them up! You know who to go to for your purveyour of fine goods ;)
Paris B recently posted..A Dior Addict Going Incognito and hoping to get Extreme-ly Lucky at the Plaza down by the RivieraMy Profile

lyn April 4, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Hahaha, you should just compile all these mentions and send them to Guerlain! You have definitely helped increase their sales ;-) I definitely want the summer one so please expect a DM from me soon. Kekeke…

Eli April 4, 2012 at 11:29 AM

And it’s Celebrate Guerlain Meteorites Day on the Malaysian beauty blogs! I am dying to get my hands on some Perles but must. practise. restraint.
Eli recently posted..Review: Guerlain "Meteorites" Illuminating and Mattifying Pressed PowderMy Profile

lyn April 4, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Ya, it’s such coincidence that we posted about the Meteorites on the same day ;-) I am really tempted to get more but will probably start by collecting the LEs first. The one due for Summer’12 is really lovely!

xin April 4, 2012 at 12:44 PM

i have the big one and they seemed to have shrunk a little, the only way to use up them is to lose the balls! i always use the balls with a big brush and sometimes when i over-swirl the balls will fly out of jar and gone missing….
xin recently posted..WIN! Guess the Color and Win yourself a Dior Addict Extreme Lipstick!My Profile

lyn April 4, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Hahaha, I guess that’s a good way to use things up ;-) So far I’ve been pretty careful and only dropped a ball once but managed to find it.

S. April 4, 2012 at 3:48 PM

I have the winter edition ones and I really love them.
S. recently posted..Chanel SomptueuseMy Profile

lyn April 5, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Those are really nice! I was contemplating getting last year’s Winter but changed my mind. Come to think about it, I’m not sure why.

Fiona April 8, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Hi Lyn,

Something to tempt you :). I just came back from Guerlain counter in Isetan KLCC and they have a value set of Meteorites Perles Illuminating Powder + Light Diffusing Perfecting Primer for only RM299. I bought a set. It’s about RM104 cheaper.

Cheers,
Fiona

lyn April 8, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Hi Fiona, Thanks for the information. Seriously, I don’t really need the extra temptation ;-) I am so gonna get that set and really hope they still have it when I finally drag myself to KL.

Fiona April 9, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Hi Lyn,

There’s still stock left but depending on which shade you’re getting. If you want to get Teint Beige, I think there’s only 1 set left as I bought the second last set ;). Let me know if you need me to buy it for you k? I’m at KLCC every weekend :)

lyn April 9, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Thanks for the offer, Fiona! But I’d rather check it out myself because I’m not sure if the primer will work on me.

Ting May 17, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Reading your story about your mum’s jar of meteorites, I remembered my mum also had one given to her as a gift when I was young. We (or rather, she) had absolutely no idea what it’s for as you can’t really use each ball as eyeshadow or some thing. She even tried dissolving one ball with water just to see what happens but of course it was disaster! :p

lyn May 18, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Thanks for sharing your story, Ting :-) I don’t think my mum dissolved her Meteorites and the balls remained in that teensy little jar for a long time because no one knew what to do with it. Those were the days before the internets.