Stila Is Back in Sephora Malaysia and I Am Really Stoked

by lyn on April 3, 2012 · 18 comments

in Eyeshadow, Limited Edition, Stila

stila in the light

It’s true, my lovelies! Stila is back in Malaysia and can be found at Sephora. I was terribly bummed when they pulled out of our local market a few years ago and even more bummed when I missed their clearance sales. But everything is okay now! I’m a happy camper again because I can have my Stila fix in KL!

It was a really rushed trip to Sephora and I only managed to grab one of their limited edition palettes. I was contemplating getting a few more items but was short on time and couldn’t test the other goodies on display.

stila in the light

I really like Stila eyeshadows and back then, they used to release some of the prettiest shades and palettes. I think they have improved on the quality of their eyeshadows recently because the ones from this palette feel smoother, more buttery and soft.

stila in the light

I don’t have swatches for you today as I’m still a little undecided on whether to gift this away because this palette does make a nice present for girlfriends or sisters :-)

stila in the light

The Stila In the Light Eyeshadow Palette costs RM126 for 10 beautiful eyeshadow pans including a full sized Smudgestick Eyeliner. The eyeshadows are mostly shimmery shades and as mentioned, the texture is really nice and soft. They apply smoothly and are pigmented. I believe there are two other limited edition palettes at Sephora, so if you’re interested, you’d best go check them out soon.

I don’t think they have the full range of products available at Sephora and everything they have is displayed on one shelving unit. I spotted brushes, lipsticks and glosses, eye makeup and foundation, perhaps most of their key products and permanent offerings.

Have you tried anything from Stila before? Are you as excited as I am about their return to our local shores?

Paris B April 3, 2012 at 10:05 AM

I checked it out last week while I was at Sephora… and felt nothing LOL! That said, I did dig my shadow singles back out to use last week as well and I was reminded how much I love the softly pigmented texture of their shadows. Strangely, they didn’t last as well on me this time… or maybe I’m just spoilt ;) Still, its good to have access to them again :)
Paris B recently posted..Your Say: Are you affected by other peoples’ opinions on your makeup or clothes?My Profile

lyn April 4, 2012 at 11:50 AM

I’ve been using my Stila singles too and after so many years, they still look sooooooooooo pretty. I think the quality has improved quite a bit in recent years because my old Stilas are not as smooth or buttery as the ones now.

Lily April 3, 2012 at 10:08 AM

I haven’t tried anything from Stila before, but I heard their Kajal liners are pretty good. Have you tried them?
Lily recently posted..Brighten and Firm while you sleep: Naruko Magnolia Night GellyMy Profile

lyn April 4, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Hey Lily, I haven’t tried their Kajal liners before and like yourself, have read that they are good stuff. I can’t remember if they are available at Sephora but I did see several eyeliners on the shelf. If you visit KL, Sephora is a must-go!

beetrice April 3, 2012 at 10:28 AM

I went overboard during their clearance sales when they pulled out of Malaysia a few years back (eeps!), and bought a heap of shadows which I still use today :) I wonder if their hair powder refresher is back or not – did you happen to see them?
beetrice recently posted..April’s Bellabox has exciting things in store! :DMy Profile

lyn April 4, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Lucky you! I missed their sales because I was travelling at that time. Their eyeshadows do keep well over the years. I have a number of old Stilas and they are still in good condition. I’m afraid I didn’t notice the hair refresher but I was in a rush (le hubby was brooding outside) and didn’t have time to look properly.

Nikki April 3, 2012 at 10:48 AM

I have tried the ever famous Stila Kitten! And years have passed, I still haven’t finish 1/4 of it! :P But overall Stila e/s are quite good

lyn April 4, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Kitten is one of my fave eyelid wash / highlighter. It’s such a pretty, sparkly colour! I can understand why you haven’t finished it because the size of their eyeshadow singles is quite big.

plue April 3, 2012 at 12:25 PM

I was at Sephora last Saturday and went straight to check em out :) I noticed they don’t sell the refills for eyeshadow (can’t find them) or the individual pans. My old Stila shadows are the refill type so no pan to hold them in, it’s a bit troublesome :P
plue recently posted..The Lust List #1My Profile

lyn April 5, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Oh, do you mean the empty palettes? I don’t think I they’re available. I have 2 filled palettes that I got from Stila long time ago. Do you know if iNuovi is still around? They used to sell empty palettes too and Stila shadows can fit into them.

plue April 5, 2012 at 10:35 AM

inuovi is a bit hard to locate now, i see them a bit in parkson but i don’t think all parkson carries them. last i saw was in parkson melaka!
plue recently posted..The Lust List #1My Profile

dom April 4, 2012 at 8:56 AM

OOOOOOH awesome! I’m going to check it out later at Sephora! Will you be reviewing the palette above? I’m liking the look of Night Sky and Gilded Gold.
dom recently posted..Review: Johnson’s Baby Soft and Shiny ShampooMy Profile

lyn April 4, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Go go! You work in the same building as Sephora, so you “must” go check it out ;-) If I decide to keep the palette, I’ll definitely do swatches. The consistency is soooooooooooooo nice, okay!

Connie De Alwis April 6, 2012 at 11:12 PM

I stocked up quite a bit when they were leaving the last time! While I’m not completely excited over their products, I’m obsessed with the #30 duo eyeshadow brush… awesome awesome brush
Connie De Alwis recently posted..Review: Clarins Whitening Velvet EmulsionMy Profile

lyn April 10, 2012 at 12:26 PM

I do like their brushes and I have the #15 which I’ve used for years and years. It’s still in fantastic condition! Well, at least Stila is accessible now because they do offer a number of nice products.

Cor April 28, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Does anyone know if the Sephora in KL stocks the Sila Lip Glaze sticks? :)

lyn April 28, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Hi Cor, I’m afraid I can’t say for sure because I was in a rush at that time and didn’t really take notice. I did see a few lip products but can’t confirm if the Lip Glaze is available. Sorry I’m not much help.

ivylim February 12, 2013 at 11:30 AM