Lunasol Tender Glow Party Coffret 2011 Collection – A Little Belated But Feeling Elated

by lyn on April 18, 2012 · 19 comments

in Blush, Eyeshadow, Holiday, Limited Edition, Lipgloss, Lunasol, Palette, Powder

lunasol party coffret 2011

I have been on a rather crazy Lunasol / Kanebo spree lately and one of the items I picked up recently was the 2011 Tender Glow Party Coffret Collection. There was only one set left at my nearest Kanebo counter and I just had to snap it up quickly!

I understand it is quite late to feature this collection considering it was released around November or December last year. But as an introduction to Lunasol makeup, I thought it was the perfect set to try out a few different cosmetic items at a relatively good price.

The 2011 Tender Glow Party Coffret Collection comes with an eyeshadow palette, a creamy cheek colour, a lipgloss and a loose setting powder. Included with the set is a cute furry brown pouch.

lunasol party coffret 2011

The eyeshadow palette is in the form of the Three Dimensional Eyes released in Fall last year. The palette is called Tender Glow Beige Brown EX01 and I believe is limited edition. It is a very neutral palette and I am a huge fan of neutrals and can’t seem to get enough of them. The texture is beautiful… So soft and creamy. Although the shadows mostly contain shimmer, it doesn’t look like a glitter bomb exploded on my eyes and I find the shimmers to be fine and smooth.

lunasol party coffret 2011

The Cream Cheeks is in Tender Glow Pink EX04 and is limited edition as well. I was initially quite wary of applying cream-based cheek colours because many that I have tried in the past resulted in patchy and uneven application. The Lunasol Cream Cheeks did surprise me because it is so easy to apply and goes on very smoothly. I just use my fingers to dab and pat on the colour.

lunasol party coffret 2011

The Full Glamour Gloss is in Tender Glow Pink EX19 and is another limited edition shade. Sadly, this gloss is rather sheer and it doesn’t really show up on my lips and just make them look slightly oily. I would probably need to layer it on top of a separate lipstick.

lunasol party coffret 2011

The Skin Contrast Face Powder in Glow 01 is the only permanent offering from this collection and is a gorgeously fine and soft loose powder. It has some incandescent shimmer but because the powder is so finely milled, it is not very obvious and just serves to brighten up one’s complexion.

lunasol party coffret 2011

I was wearing all of the products in the photo above and was going for a natural daytime look. It does translate well to night by adding more of the darker brown shades to the eyes. I have been using the eyeshadow palette daily the whole of last week and that goes to show how much I really like it.

Overall, I am extremely pleased with this set. I am particularly impressed with the Cream Cheeks and am now already considering getting a couple more. I believe they are usually released in limited edition collections so I best go hunt them down before they disappear.

The Tender Glow Party Coffret Collection 2011 retails at RM248 but quite honestly, I am not sure if it is still available. You can find other fabulous Lunasol products from Kanebo boutiques or counters. They are currently offering many lovely makeup for Spring’12, so do pop by to check them out soon.

Are you a fan of Lunasol and what are your current favourites? Have you seen their new Spring’12 collection yet? Do let me know what you have picked up recently.

plue April 18, 2012 at 10:13 AM

the cream cheeks are loved by a lot of TW bloggers, usually it gets snap up pretty fast there. i do think it’s a good buy and you don’t need a lot for the flushed cheek look ;) you look so serene and happy in your picture! :D
plue recently posted..The Lust List #2My Profile

lyn April 19, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Thanks, Plue! I was really surprised how easy it was to apply the Cream Cheeks because I haven’t had great experiences with cream/liquid blushes in the past. I can see why the TW bloggers love it!

gin April 18, 2012 at 1:33 PM

i saw two sets in Mid Valley two weeks ago!
was told that they were the last set!
I actually prefer the eyeshadow palate in this set compare to the Isetan KLCC brush set… *drool*

lyn April 19, 2012 at 2:53 PM

I think they just have a few more sets left scattered around Klang Valley. I haven’t seen the one with the brush set yet but I love Lunasol brushes. They are so soft and silky! Did you manage to get anything from Lunasol lately?

gin April 19, 2012 at 6:27 PM

i got the brush set, ie full size loose powder, eyeshadow palate and the face brush, topped up with a box of cotton and makeup remover (works like a dream!!! ONE swipe cleans it all!) to make it 400 so that i get rm40 isetan voucher as well as a FREE full size gel foundation (the best product actually!!! SO SUPER light like wearing nothing but awesome coverage!)
……..*cough cough*
very calculative indeed

gin April 19, 2012 at 6:35 PM

the brush set supposed to be special for the klcc cosmetic grand opening… not sure if they are still available…
i got to know about it thanks to Paris B.

lyn April 20, 2012 at 7:43 AM

Thanks for the info! The deal and extra freebie you got seems pretty good. Now I want the foundation and makeup remover and it’s all thanks to you ;-)

gin April 20, 2012 at 7:00 PM

hahaha…thanks XD
never knew i am a good enabler!
but really, the brush, foundation and makeup remover are awesome!
but if u let me choose only one, i would choose the foundation. afterall, i dont mind spending more time removing make up and a not-as-soft-brush but the foundation is just too great to pass!
i really wondered why it didnt get as much raves as other brands!!!

Nikki April 18, 2012 at 5:36 PM

I am a fan of Lunasol but man!!! I just can’t keep track with all the gorgeous palettes and collections! Your cheeks look so pretty! I like the hint of color that makes you look “in love” :D

lyn April 19, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Awww, thanks Nikki! I am so in love with the Cream Cheeks stuff and *must* get more. I am honestly so in love with Lunasol now and can’t wait for their next special collection to be released (probably around Fall season).

Germs April 18, 2012 at 8:34 PM

I have the makeup base and it’s not bad – helps keep foundation fresh and glowy for a whole day. Was hesitating on the creamy cheeks as well but now i’ve seen your review i’m going to grab it!
Germs recently posted..Review: Bebe Poshe Chic Smokey Super PaletteMy Profile

lyn April 19, 2012 at 2:57 PM

If you like soft and smooth cream blushers, you’d likely love their Cream Cheeks. The ones released for Spr’12 may contain a bit of shimmer but they are extremely pretty. You have now got me interested in their base. Do you think it will be suitable for combination / oily skin?

germs April 21, 2012 at 11:51 AM

hi lyn! i’m not too sure about that – if you’re looking out for oil control properties i don’t think this will be the best option :) this works more to even out the skintone and smooth out your skin’s surface, it’s the first one on the list here. http://www.lunasol-net.com/en/product/basemake/makeupbase.html they do have a variety though, do try and see if you like it :)
germs recently posted..Facial Cleanser PolygamyMy Profile

Jolyn April 20, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Omg, you remind me that I should start with my kit! And what is it about a Lunasol brush kit I hear? Me wants one! :( I got my paws on the Cheek Brush, and now I’m after the eye brushes~

lyn April 20, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Girl, you were one of the ones who got me hooked to Lunasol! After ogling your stash for so long, I started getting starry eyed also ;-) The brush kit is a limited edition in Isetan KLCC when the revamped and relaunched their beauty halls. I don’t think it’s available any longer and I missed out on it. I think you’ll love their eye brushes. I have them in M and L, sooooooooooo soft and beautiful! Think I reviewed the L version some time back.

Jolyn April 20, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Hello :D

Haha, you know it’s been so long but I’ve only used 1 quad from my entire stash. Madness! Please check out the Chanel Montaigne palette, it’s truly beautiful. Looking at the pictures now makes me regret not putting on makeup today.

Awwww, if you happen to call and check, would you ask for a brush kit for me as well? They >might< happen to have extras XD I'm eyeing the brushes really, the trio is all you need to do any kind of looks!
Jolyn recently posted..The Chanel OMBRES MATELASSร‰ES 51, MONTAIGNEMy Profile

lyn April 20, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Bad girl, I should not be tempted! If I happen to drop by Isetan KLCC anytime soon, I’ll let you know immediately if the set is still available.

Meryl April 21, 2012 at 8:40 AM

Lyn, you are drooling me with the cream cheeks! It looks tempting. I usually not a Lunasol girl but your post has shaken me!
Meryl recently posted..FOTD with Chanel Epatant and Urban Decay Naked PaletteMy Profile

lyn April 22, 2012 at 10:39 PM

I think you’ll like them, Meryl! They have released three limited editions in this current Spring collection, so I’d recommend checking them out :-) There’s a pinky one that’s calling my name… hehehe…