First Impressions of Kanebo Impress IC Revitalizing Range and I Am Impressed

by lyn on April 12, 2012 · 19 comments

in Cleanser, Kanebo, Moisturiser, Serum, Toner, Treatment

I am starting to revisit Japanese skincare brands. You see, I go through phases and one of them is switching between Western and Japanese lines. Of course I use a combination of both at any one time but I do have “moods” and right now, I am loving Japanese skincare again.

kanebo impress revitalizing

Anyway, one of my sisters told me about the Kanebo Impress skincare range and how lovely their facials were. About two weeks ago, I decided to pop by the Kanebo counter to see what the fuss was about. I tested a few products from the Impress Revitalizing line and was immediately sold.

The sales assistant told me they were having a promotion on the basic skincare set consisting of a creamy makeup remover, foaming cleanser, toner (what they call lotion) and moisturiser (emulsion). It’s not a cheap set but I think I saved almost RM200. They are all full-sized items and I only need to use very little each time, so I do foresee myself using them for quite a while.

kanebo impress revitalizing

In less than a week, I was already seeing some positive results and I went back to get a couple more products from the same range. This time I got the Moist Up Essence (serum) and Softening Oil, both of which I really adore.

I will post more details of each product in the future and today’s post is mainly to share my excitement of finding something that’s working out so well on me. My skin is in much better condition and feels a lot softer and hydrated. Quite honestly, my skin has not felt this way in a long time.

Another plus point is the mild and soothing rosy scent. I can’t tolerate strongly perfumed skincare especially those that linger on and on. The Kanebo Impress Revitalizing range all have a fresh and soft rose scent. Lovely stuff, really!

I think my excitement with this new skincare discovery is really showing. I’ll continue using the products for another month or two before reviewing a couple of them individually as it may be a wee bit early at this stage although everything has been very positive so far.

Have you tried any new skincare that you have been very happy with? Or do you have a current favourite that has been working wonders for you? Do share as I always like to find out what others are using.

Paris B April 12, 2012 at 10:22 AM

I used to use the Impress range when it was first launched. That was before they came out with IC which is the “younger” range I’m told. Impress worked very well for me but after a while, my skin didn’t like it. So I never experimented with IC but my future SIL does and it works well for her sensitive skin. Blanchir however works well for me. I do think Kanebo makes very good skincare :)
Paris B recently posted..Your Say: How many products do you use as part of your daily skincare routine?My Profile

lyn April 14, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Thanks for sharing! I have never tried Kanebo skincare before except for a drugstore oil cleanser under the Freshel range. I really like this Impress skincare and am so happy I finally found something that works :-)

gin April 12, 2012 at 12:11 PM

after trying kanebo makeup i am totally in love with this brand…(purse:ouch!)
may i know how is the price range of kanebo skincare like?
thinking to try it out………*tempt tempt*
LOOKING FORWARD FOR INDIVIDUAL REVIEWS!!!!!!!!

lyn April 14, 2012 at 10:34 AM

I can see why you like the makeup so much, I got myself a few items and love them too :-)

The Impress IC Revitalizing skincare ranges from RM120 to RM800. The basic set costs RM438 and it’s a promotional price but I’m not sure how long the promotion will run. The Softening Oil is RM210 and the Moist Up Essence is RM360. They are expensive so I’d recommend that you try to get some samples first (if possible).

Do let me know if you decide to get anything and how it’s working out for you.

gin April 18, 2012 at 11:45 PM

gosh they are really expensive dont they! close to dior pricetag………..
dont think i can afford it unless i starve myself!

ps: how’s the amount like? they looked quite big in the photos….. does a little goes a long way? (trying to think of a way to make it more convincing to my pocket….)

lyn April 19, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Yes, the Impress stuff is expensive! But the sizes are pretty generous. The toner (what they call lotion) and cleanser are 200ml each. Moisturiser is 125ml. Very, very little used except for the toner because I sometimes soak it on a cotton pad. I can see the cleanser, moisturiser and softening oil lasting a very long time. It’s probably best if you go see the bottles in person. You can also visit their site for more info >> Impress Website.

gin April 19, 2012 at 10:09 PM

MY that is a big bottle especially the moisturizer!! 125ml compare to the usual 50ml!
but are yours special edition?
coz when i looked in the website, the volume is lesser than what u stated…hmmm……
i also noticed that they included using the lotion and moisturizer around eyes! do you do that?
wow, does this mean that these are mild enough for even eyes?

gosh now i really want them! *faint*

lyn April 20, 2012 at 7:47 AM

The moisturiser I was referring to is what they call “emulsion”. It’s quite a big bottle and I only need a small blob each time. So I can see a bottle lasting for quite a while. I think Kanebo tries to introduce massaging techniques when using their skincare but I just pat everything on (no special technique) and it seems to work. So far I haven’t had a problem when slapping the stuff all over my face but I do use a separate eye treatment.

gin April 20, 2012 at 7:08 PM

thanks SO MUCH for the info Lyn!! <3
i think i will give it a try 'soon'!
now i shall endure until my current stash finish!!! time to save up!! T.T

petmonkey April 12, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Love Kanebo~!
It took me 10 minutes to decide if I should Revitalise myself :)
Managed to curb the urge; sticking to what’s already opened.
At least for now. Heh.

lyn April 14, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Only 10 minutes? I suppose it’s better to finish up what you have first but don’t stash your things away for too long. All skincare and makeup have a shelf life. Do what I do, start using your old moisturisers on your body ;-)

Bugs April 14, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Am now using Cosme Decorte AQMW range. Got free samples from FB early march, finish them in 1 week but I got hooked after 1st use… ^_^

lyn April 16, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Oooh, yes… I’ve read good things about Cosme Decorte too. But I don’t think they have the counters / branches as widely available.

Juan April 14, 2012 at 9:41 PM

you posed a really good question there. i loved my sothys clarifying & hydrating range but they’re just too expensive to maintain. so there goes my love *sigh*
Juan recently posted..Is there such a thing as a lady having too many lipsticks??My Profile

lyn April 16, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Hey, you like Sothys? I used to as well and have loads of their products (many still new). Now I know who to pass to :-)

Juan April 16, 2012 at 10:07 PM

oh goody!! :)

einandarkhin June 14, 2012 at 4:26 PM

i like impress but it is expensive .

Ponds And Leaves December 29, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Heya,

I have tried Kanebo Refining Lotion and I loved it too. But upon finding out about the ingredients I got taken aback due to the many forms of parabens enlisted. It did feel really luxurious that led to the idea that it was really good, a product and for my skin.

Anyway, I’ve just gotten hold of 2 small samples of Revitalizing Oil. Question, is this for night use only or day and night? And if you have tried Estee Lauder Radiant Vitality Essential Oil, which do you think fairs better?

I am on my 2nd sample bottle of Estee Lauder Essential Oil and to be honest the first time around I found it too loaded with Dimethicone, which gave a feeling of a layer sitting on top and not fully absorbed. But it was my first facial oil, first is always something. :)
Ponds And Leaves recently posted..Cant wait to come homeMy Profile

lyn January 1, 2014 at 7:01 PM

Hi there, Unfortunately I have not tried the Estee Lauder oil so I cannot comment if it’s any better. However the Kanebo products I used was the Revitalizing line not Refining. I honestly do not know if the ingredients are different. I’ve actually finished most of the Kanebo products but have not repurchased because I’ve moved on to something else.