Coming Soon: Dior Croisette Collection for Summer 2012

by lyn on March 23, 2012 · 13 comments

in Dior, Limited Edition, New Release, Summer

dior croisette

With summer arriving just around the corner, Dior will be releasing a colourful makeup collection to celebrate this glorious season. Creative Director Tyen took inspiration from the French Riviera to create the Dior Croisette Collection for Summer 2012 consisting of fun and bright colours of the sun, sea, sky and sand.

I am very excited about this collection because the eyeshadow palettes and new lipbalms look absolutely delicious!

First up, we have the Dior 5 Couleurs “Croisette Edition” (limited edition) in two sumptuous palettes. Each palette has a pleated design that look like a burst of sun rays radiating from within. They look so gorgeous and detailed!

dior croisette
dior croisette
dior croisette

« Swimming Pool » explores aquatic pastels, with a splash of freshness to illuminate the eyes : ultramarine, sky blue, turquoise, pearl grey and bikini pink. The shimmering sparkle of the water is within hands reach.

« Aurora » visits the ochre of Mediterranean lands for smouldering eyes in incandescent colours. Golden brown, sunny orange, sand and golden yellow bring intense warmth to the eyes.

Dior has created their first eye gloss and these look like they are going to be a huge hit as well. According to Dior, “Its wet shine and intense colours, with multi-faceted reflections, make eyes shimmer with a fresh finish.” Sounds pretty good :-)

dior croisette

The new eye gloss comes in four crystalline shades:

020 « Seashell »
560 « Tan »
240 « Azur »
750 « Sunset »

Along with the collection, Dior will be introducing two new Dior Addict Lip Balms.

dior croisette

« Crystal » existing permanent item
« Crystal Rose » new shade
« Crystal Coral » new shade

The “Croisette” Collection’s star product is the Diorskin Nude Tan Healthy Glow Enhancing Powder and is available in two shades (for Malaysia) #001 & #003.

dior croisette

I am also really looking forward to these two limited edition nail polishes too and am hoping that they’ll be made available locally. I am trying to confirm with Dior if they’ll be bringing them in and am praying hard that the answer is a resounding “yes”.

dior croisette

« Bikini » coral pink
« Saint Tropez » turquoise

There are more products that will be launched together in this collection but I just wanted to highlight a number of items that I am really excited about. I honestly can’t wait for these to arrive!

The collection will be made available at Dior counters from April to June 2012. So do keep a lookout for them!

Is there anything from this collection that captured your attention? Do let me know what you’re looking forward to.

Price List of Dior Croisette Collection:

• Dior 5 Couleurs “Croisette Edition” (limited edition) : RM205
  • Dior 1 Couleur Eye Gloss (limited edition) : RM96
  • Diorskin Nude Tan Healthy Glow Enhancing Powder : RM173
  • Dior Addict Lip Balm : RM88
  • Dior Le Vernis : RM72 (not certain about availability, will be confirmed soon)

Juan March 23, 2012 at 9:52 AM

omg the nail polish looks gorgeous… and i love the compact! i would probably want to get my hands on the compact la.
Juan recently posted..Tired eyes no more with Melvita DIY 1-2-3 Organic Eye SpaMy Profile

lyn March 24, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Ya, I’m really hoping they’ll bring the nail polishes in! I so want Saint Tropez!

Antique-Purple March 23, 2012 at 12:32 PM

i probably would get the nail polishes and the lip balms, the eyeshadow’s don’t look that impressive though.
Antique-Purple recently posted..Tips & Tricks Thursday ( easy way to remove glitter nail polish)My Profile

lyn March 24, 2012 at 9:28 AM

I can see why some people think the eyeshadows look uninteresting but I actually find it to be very pretty, especially the blue palette. And yes, I’m still waiting to see if the nail polishes will be available (they should be). The turquoise one is calling out to me :-)

Meryl March 24, 2012 at 8:05 AM

The eyeshadow doesn’t look alluring. It looks quite boring IMO. But the lip glosses looks great :) I wanna get the blue one.
Meryl recently posted..Maquillage Dual Glow Eyes GR 273 Swatch + EOTDMy Profile

lyn March 24, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Actually, they are eye glosses and are not meant for lips. I think it’s the first time Dior has created a cream / liquid eyeshadow so it’s pretty exciting stuff :-)

Meryl March 24, 2012 at 9:34 PM

ahhh yes!! greattt! would love to try all of them :)
Meryl recently posted..K-Palette Real Lasting Eyeliner + EOTDMy Profile

LeGeeque March 26, 2012 at 4:45 AM

The bronzer looks amazing. I’ve taken a liking to bronzers ever since i started getting ghostly pale in the cooler months. a little bit of glow is definitely welcomed. Do you know if it is a flat out bronzers without shimmer?

lyn March 26, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Yes, it really looks lovely, doesn’t it? I think it may contain some shimmer since it’s supposed to be a “highlighter” type product too. But I’ll only know for sure when I see it in person. The packaging is so nice!

rinnah March 26, 2012 at 10:02 AM

I am eyeing Saint Tropez and the Rose lipbalm! :D
rinnah recently posted..A-England Nail Polish in TristamMy Profile

lyn March 26, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Me too, honestly… I’m more excited about the nail polishes and lipbalms than anything else ;-) I do like the look of the blue palette as well, so very pretty!