Come Into Bloom with Chanel Fleur de Lotus Blush

by lyn on March 14, 2012 · 17 comments

in Blush, Chanel, Limited Edition, Spring

Do you have moments when you spot something across the room and your eyes are immediately drawn to it and you can feel your heart do a little pitter-patter? That’s how I ended up coming home with a couple of items from Chanel’s recent collection.

chanel fleur de lotus

The Chanel Fleur de Lotus Spring 2012 Collection was released together with a number of new Le Blanc skincare. My eyes glossed over the skincare and I just went straight to the makeup section. The display was so pretty and the colours were calling out to me, “It’s Spring and I’m sweet and shiny, come get me!”

chanel fleur de lotus

Joeus Contraste in Fleur de Lotus is my second Chanel blush. It is a coral-peach shade with a fine pearl finish but the sheen is not very noticeable when applied so you don’t have to worry about doing a disco number on your cheeks.

chanel fleur de lotus

My past experience with one of Chanel’s baked blush wasn’t fantastic because the texture was quite hard, which made the blush difficult to transfer. So I was quite surprised with the Fleur de Lotus blush as it felt soft and smooth.

chanel fleur de lotus

It is a very pigmented blush and I have to be very careful with it less I start looking like Mrs. Clown. On me, it warms up my complexion instantly and I think it’s a really pretty summer-time blush.

chanel fleur de lotus

I just have to tap my brush in 3 times and it picks up quite a bit of product. It creates quite a bit of blush dust whenever my brush touches it and I’m not sure if it’s due to the soft texture or powdery consistency. It doesn’t affect the application though.

chanel fleur de lotus

To be honest, as much as I like the shade and packaging, I am still a little undecided about baked blushes in general. Also, I think the blush dust bugs me a little because I’m a neat freak and don’t like messy makeup. But I’m willing to overlook this slight issue because Fleur de Lotus is really lovely and I do not have any regrets getting it.

Joeus Contraste in Fleur de Lotus can be found at Chanel counters and boutiques for RM140. This entire collection is an Asian-exclusive and I believe the sales assistant informed me that the blush is limited edition. I am not completely certain and will update if I hear differently.

Have you tried Chanel baked blushes before? Or any baked blush for that matter? Are you fan and do you have any recommendations? Do share as I’d like to find out what your favourites are.

xin March 14, 2012 at 9:50 AM

oops! feels left out as i have never tried any baked blush :P this looks really pretty and sweet <3
xin recently posted..Xin Cooks: Garlic Chicken on a Bed of Cabbage RecipeMy Profile

Paris B March 14, 2012 at 5:25 PM

I’m sure you have – Bourjois blushes are baked too! :P

lyn March 14, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Thanks, xin! And like ParisB mentioned, you probably have them already ;-)

rinnah March 14, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Gorgeous looking blush as always, Lyn! :D
rinnah recently posted..Davines Melu Mellow Anti-Breakage Lustrous Shampoo and ConditionerMy Profile

lyn March 14, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Thank you, Rinnah! My blush reviews are starting to look really similar because I tend to stick to colours I’m familiar and comfortable with.

plue March 14, 2012 at 10:12 AM

i swatched this earlier and was smitten! i bought it mainly cuz it’s softer than it’s older counterparts and easier to pick up colour :P

the dust didn’t really bug me as alot of blushes I own have similar problem :)
plue recently posted..Happy Chinese New Year!My Profile

lyn March 14, 2012 at 6:07 PM

I was smitten when I first swatched it too, it was so soft and smooth. So I can relate to how you feel :-) I’ll get over the dust someday but it does drive me a little batty when the powder goes everywhere.

Lily March 14, 2012 at 10:54 AM

I haven’t tried the Chanel JC blushes before… definitely going to have a better look next time =)
Lily recently posted..The Stippling & The Traveler: Real Techniques BrushesMy Profile

lyn March 14, 2012 at 6:08 PM

They do have many lovely shades and you’ll probably find something you’d like :-) I bought one for Mum and she loves hers to bits!

beetrice March 14, 2012 at 11:16 AM

looks absolutely gorgeous on you Lyn! :)
beetrice recently posted..Try the new Kiehl’s Clearly Corrective range and stand a chance to win!My Profile

lyn March 14, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Thanks, Bee! This will look very nice on you too as it has a hint of warmth and the peachy-pink is most apt for Spring / Summer seasons.

Paris B March 14, 2012 at 5:24 PM

I find the newer JC are softer but the problem is that with time, they harden. I have *ahem* quite a few of these and I’ve stopped buying because of this issue. I used to swear by the Joues Contraste blushes and these days, I hardly even wear them anymore :(
Paris B recently posted..Pink Eyeshadow Challenge: How to wear L’Oreal Infallible Color Eyeshadow in Forever PinkMy Profile

Kahani March 14, 2012 at 5:50 PM

You know what this means, right Lyn? You gotta use that baby like a fiend and finish it before it hardens. =P
Kahani recently posted..Absolute Crap: Natio Eye Makeup Remover GelMy Profile

lyn March 14, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Hahaha, that’s one alternative! The other option is passing it on to mum because she goes through blushes a lot quicker than me ;-) If she’s reading this, she’s gonna be real happy.

lyn March 14, 2012 at 6:13 PM

I’m just hoping the formula has been improved over the years. I have a couple of Bourjois ones and they seem to have a better consistency. Oh well, this JC is my first after a long while so I don’t have any regrets (yet).