Blush Brush from Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman

by lyn on March 5, 2012 · 19 comments

in Real Techniques, Tools

I previously wrote about the Multi-Task Brush from Real Techniques and have been continuously using it for liquid and cream foundation application. That brush is already a huge success in my books and today, I will be singing praises of yet another Real Techniques brush.

real techniques blush brush

The Blush Brush is a large, rounded brush that comes in an extended bright pink aluminium ferrule. The bristles are fairly cushy and are made with handcut taklon. The head is very densely packed, which makes the brush really fluffy and lovely to use.

real techniques blush brush

The bristles at the tip are gently tapered and you can use it for more precise contouring or highlighting purposes. I have used this brush with highlighters, bronzers and of course, blushes and it pairs well with every product. As the bristles are synthetic, this brush can also work with cream based products. In fact, I’ve just used it with a liquid foundation today and it provides a nice soft-focus finish. I may well use this with more foundation products going forward.

real techniques blush brush

No doubt it looks like a ridiculously large blush brush but I’m telling ya, it works! I just dip the bristles into my blush and lightly buff the colour across my cheeks, and it usually deposits the right amount.

real techniques blush brush * photo to illustrate how I use the brush, please ignore the pink velcro on my head *

I have washed the brush a few times and it dries fairly quick, which is a little surprising because most of the synthetic hair brushes take forever and a day to dry. I have not experienced any shedding, and that’s a good thing because I’m sure we all detest picking stray brush hairs off our faces.

real techniques blush brush

With the wider flat bottom, you can stand the brush up on its own if you choose to. It may seem like a bulky brush to take along when travelling but I think it’s worth while because it is multi-purpose and you can use it with a variety of products. Overall, I am really pleased with the Blush Brush and whilst it may not replace my other blush brushes, it is nonetheless a good addition to my collection.

The Real Techniques Blush Brush is sold at Shins for RM78. It retails for £9.99 in the UK but when you factor in the cost of shipping, the brush may actually be a bit more expensive to purchase online.

Have you tried anything from Real Techniques before and what would you recommend from the brand? So far, I have had pretty good results with their brushes and love the fact that they are quite versatile too.

plue March 5, 2012 at 11:36 AM

looks good! one could never have enough of blush/face brushes :p *pops this into wishlist*
plue recently posted..Happy Chinese New Year!My Profile

lyn March 5, 2012 at 6:03 PM

It is pretty good! I tested it as a liquid foundation brush today and it works really well too :-) Am so happy that it’s such a versatile brush.

bluebutterfly March 5, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Thanks to your recommendation, i got myself the travel set. ;) i love the domed shadow brush. Excellent for eyeshadow or to powder the under eye are.

Now I’m thinking bout the eye brushes set ….

lyn March 5, 2012 at 6:04 PM

I think that domed brush is another big hit with me too! I have been using it almost daily and it’s now one of the essentials I turn to :-)

Joey March 5, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Real Techniques are affordable and of great quality aren’t they?
I love the Buffing Brush – highly recommend for applying foundation, be it cream, liquid or powder!!
Joey recently posted..Introducing Laneíge Love In Bloom Makeup Collection For Spring 2012My Profile

lyn March 5, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Agreed! I’m not surprised you love the buffing brush and like you said, it’s multi-purpose as well. I’ve actually used it with a bronzer before and it works quite nicely too.

Lily March 5, 2012 at 9:31 PM

I absolutely love their stippling brush! The foundation brush isn’t too bad either. The shape somehow makes it more ergonomic to use ;-)
Lily recently posted..Quality Interrupted: MUFE Aqua CreamsMy Profile

lyn March 5, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Aha! Another Real Techniques fan! I don’t have the stippling brush but it does sound pretty nifty :-)

Lingzy March 6, 2012 at 11:12 AM

I’ve been to quite a few Shins’s boutique but none of them seemed to carry RT brushes. Which Shins boutique carries RT? Thanks!

lyn March 6, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Hi Lingzy, I found Real Technique brushes at Shins in Subang Parade. I was informed that they carry these brushes at larger Shins stores. I know the one in Sunway Pyramid does not carry them though.

xin March 6, 2012 at 1:02 PM

now you are making me to want this brush, i need another powder brush..
xin recently posted..Monday Loving: OPI Holland Collection – A Roll in The HagueMy Profile

lyn March 6, 2012 at 8:42 PM

I’ve been impressed with a number of their brushes and this blush brush is a pretty good option. I’m sure it can double up as a face powder brush too.

zee March 6, 2012 at 7:57 PM

did you get this from shins in Sunway pyramid? I absolutely love the pixwoo sisters and i am saving up to get both brush sets i am more excited about the deluxe crease brush. I hope you can check out my blog.

lyn March 6, 2012 at 8:44 PM

I don’t believe the Sunway Pyramid branch carries Real Techniques but you can try Subang Parade, which is where I got mine. Hope this helps.

sleepandwater March 12, 2012 at 7:35 PM

I love this brush and while I don’t use it that often, I’m really glad to own it. It is just so soft and I really love the way it’s tapered. It’s great that it works for you though it does have a fairly large brush head.

BooBooNinja March 31, 2012 at 12:50 PM

I highly recommend the contour brush from the Core Collection. It is a smaller than your blush brush and slightly tapered. It is my go-to brush for applying blush. I haven’t tried using it for contouring yet. I read somewhere recently that it’s similar in size and shape to the limited edition MAC 165.

lyn April 1, 2012 at 6:51 PM

I have that contour brush too and it is a nice little piece! I admit it doesn’t get much use because I tend to use it mostly for buffing concealer (it works a treat!) but I don’t usually wear concealer. In general, I find their brushes to be very versatile.

Ting May 18, 2012 at 3:23 PM

I have the core collection and the kabuki brush that can open up to be used as wide contour brush for bronzer. Absolutely love it. I also find that amazon us website is cheaper than amazon uk or real technique stockist website. Weird isnt it consideing that this brand is supposed to be from the UK. And if you have a friend coming back from the states, ou know what to do. :)

lyn May 19, 2012 at 8:53 AM

Yep, it’s really strange that it’s cheaper in the US than UK. I have the Core Collection as well and it’s not bad. These Real Techniques brushes are working out very nicely. I am very impressed with the quality of the Multi-Task Brush and the Blush Brush.