NEW! Have You Tried the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter Yet?

by lyn on February 10, 2012 · 16 comments

in Lipstick, Revlon

By this time, I’m sure many of you would have heard of or seen the brand spankin’ new Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter around town. I thought they would be arriving to our shores in March but it looks like the release date has been pushed forward and we lucky folks can now get our grubby little hands on these babies.

There are eight yummy shades brought in locally; 020 Brown Sugar, 025 Peach Parfait, 030 Fig Jam, 070 Cherry Tart, 075 Lollipop, 080 Strawberry Shortcake, 085 Sugar Plum and 096 Macaroon. I tested them all at Watsons and fell in love with four of them. The other four were nudey pinks and browns that I don’t tend to wear well.

I picked up Cherry Tart, Lollipop, Macaroon and Sugar Plum.

Cherry Tart – Sheer jelly red with slight shimmers.
Lollipop – Bright raspberry pink with a hint of purple and slight shimmers.
Macaroon – A deeper red than Cherry Tart with coral undertones.
Sugar Plum – Sheer plummy-berry shade with no noticeable shimmers.

And here is a photo of the eight of them swatched rather hastily at Watsons (and taken with my phone).

They are each housed in a semi-translucent quilted plastic casing coloured to match the lipstick shade with the name clearly printed at the bottom. I do appreciate the packaging because it is a lot easier to identify the individual lipsticks.

* wearing my favourite from the lot… Lollipop *

The Lip Butter texture is balmy yet lightweight. It is quite pigmented despite its lipstick/lipbalm hybrid formula. I had expected all of them to be very sheer, leaning more towards a tinted lipbalm, but the opacity of these lipsticks is pretty impressive. I generally use two coats and the lipstick applies with a good amount of pigment. They are fairly long-lasting too and I could get at least 3 to 4 hours of wear time before the colour starts to fade.

You can find the Colorburst Lip Butter at Watsons and Guardian for RM25 each (I think Guardian sells them at RM24.90). These are probably one of the more affordable lipsticks available with a quality that rivals even some of the higher end brands.

So, have you picked one (or two) up for yourself yet? Do share which shades you got and what you like or dislike about them.

huixin February 10, 2012 at 1:34 AM

i have picked up one – macaroon and quite like it for the price i pay. it works well, color shows up enough on lips, and not drying, and under RM25. what more can i ask for right? oh maybe just more shine to it :D

Lily February 10, 2012 at 1:37 AM

I picked up all you have here, except Lollipop. I also got Peach Parfait and Fig Jam. I haven't even opened it yet. LOL! It was sort of an impulse buy. OK, I was ridiculously impulsive then I got home and forgot about them >_<

plue suewin February 10, 2012 at 2:14 AM

wahahaha i got lollipop just because it look very nice on you :P and then peach parfait and strawberry shortcake and macaroon. i had wanted cherry tart too, but i think i have quite a fair bit of red balms/lipstick/gloss, maybe the next round bah :P for RM25 it's pretty good eh?

Emily Wu February 10, 2012 at 2:17 AM

I love the lip butters in Tutti Frutti! I own Macaroon as well, except mine comes out as more of a red with gold shimmers in them :/http://www.17fmilkyway.blogspot.com

beetrice February 10, 2012 at 5:19 AM

I bought Cherry Tart…and must.resist.urge.to.buy.any.more.!! :P Too many lip products, only one pair of lips! >.<

Chriselle Sy February 10, 2012 at 8:43 AM

I just can't justify their price here in my country. But I'm definitely interested in these.

Ekta February 10, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Lollipop looks great on you! I picked up Brown Sugar and Sugar Plum, almost got Macaroon though and i think i might eventually, looks so pretty! xwww.canotier.blogspot.com

lyn February 11, 2012 at 6:26 PM

@huixin Macaroon is nice and my mum likes it too (I gave mine to her today). I only wished they released more colours here.

lyn February 11, 2012 at 6:28 PM

@Lily Good grief, how did you forget them? I went back to get Fig Jam as well and it is quite a nice colour too. I hope you'll enjoy them when you finally get around to using ;-)

lyn February 11, 2012 at 6:29 PM

@plue Kekeke, Lollipop is nice! Sadly, I couldn't carry off the lighter shades because I looked a little sickly. I have been wearing Cherry Tart the last two days and love it too!

lyn February 11, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Hi Emily, They had only brought in 8 colours and we didn't get Tutti Frutti here. There are gold shimmers in Macaroon but they didn't really show up on me.

lyn February 11, 2012 at 6:34 PM

@beetrice Oooh, you're quite disciplined! I thought you would have gotten Lollipop since it has a slight hint of purple and will look so pretty on you ;-)

lyn February 11, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Hi Chriselle, I'm not surprised they are pricey where you are. Many Western drugstore products are ridiculously expensive here too so I am quite pleased that these are priced very fairly this time.

lyn February 11, 2012 at 6:39 PM

@Ekta Thanks for the compliment! I was tempted to get Brown Sugar but it didn't quite suit me.