Nail Polish on the Brain ~ Butter London Victoriana

by lyn on February 17, 2012 · 14 comments

in Butter London, Polish

I have heard so many raves about Butter London Nail Lacquers that I just had to get a few to see what the fuss was all about. One of the colours I picked up was Victoriana.

Victoriana is a teal-blue with a good dose of dense silver shimmers throughout. It looks almost textured but it dries down without any gritty feeling. I don’t own many blue polishes and to me, Victoriana is a pretty unique colour.

When I first got the nail polish and swatched (very quickly), I didn’t think it was anything special and couldn’t really see why everyone was raving about Butter London. But over the weekend, I decided to whip it out and gave myself a proper manicure, and boy, oh boy, did the formula impress me. It is very smooth and the polish just glides so easily over my nails. It really does apply like buttah (corny, I know)!

The rectangular outer cap can be removed to reveal a shorter, round inner cap with a printed little crowned birdie on it. Cute, yes? One thing that took a bit getting used to was the longer, thinner brush, which feels similar to Zoya’s except that it is thinner and slightly floppier. However I can appreciate that it gets to the corners a bit better than wider brushes.

So yes, I think I’m a Butter London fan now! Victoriana has really good pigment and was completely opaque with just two coats. It has a nice, smooth consistency which I didn’t find to be too thick unlike a number of polishes I have tried in the past. It started showing some minimal tip wear after 2 to 3 days but it is hardly noticeable.

Butter London can be purchased from zuneta.com (UK site) or kissandmakeupny.com (US site). It regularly retails at £12 each so depending on your currency exchange, it may be slightly cheaper to get the polishes from the US site for US$15 each.

Jess February 17, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Oh, I keep reading and seeing so much about Butter London that I really wish this brand would be available over here. Sigh…Victoriana is a really unique color!

rinnah February 17, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Ooooh, Victoriana is one of the Butter London polishes I've been lemming! But, I do wonder how similar it will be to OPI's Herring in the Holland collection as the bluey tone looks the same on the screen.

Paris B February 17, 2012 at 1:59 AM

If you buy from outside the EU, we get it from Zuneta at GBP10 because they remove the VAT but the list price is 12 :)

plue suewin February 17, 2012 at 2:38 AM

such beautiful colour :) but it doesn't look very glossy on it's own eh?

beetrice February 17, 2012 at 2:57 AM

oh dear, you're really not helping my already exploding nail polish collection..now I want to get Butter polishes too! :O

huixin February 17, 2012 at 3:36 AM

this polish reminded me of a LA polish that I had, in similar shade, but it was very cheap. Of course the formula wasn't as buttery as this ;)

peach_ February 17, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Very pretty and I agree, quite unique! I think I'll have a browse through Zuneta :D.

lyn February 17, 2012 at 4:31 PM

@Jess I'm really glad I got this colour because I don't have anything like it. You can try checking out e-tailers if they are not sold in your country. Most online shops offer international shipping these days.

lyn February 17, 2012 at 4:32 PM

@rinnah I really can't comment on the similarities but I'll bring it along the next we meet and you can make the comparison :-) I think Victoriana may contain more silver shimmers.

lyn February 17, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Oh ya, thanks for the reminder on VAT, PB! Then it should be around the same price :-)

lyn February 17, 2012 at 4:35 PM

@plue It's not super glossy because the silver shimmer makes it look a bit more matte as opposed to shiny creme polishes.

lyn February 17, 2012 at 4:38 PM

@beetrice Ya, #evurlness strikes again! The formula on this one is pretty good but I think the other one I got (Bluey or something) is a lot more watery. I'll have to test that one out soon.

lyn February 17, 2012 at 4:40 PM

@huixin I'm all in for cheaper alternatives as long as the formula is not streaky. I have a few Revlon's that I'm pretty impressed with. But it's really sad that we don't get as many drugstore brand choices here.

lyn February 17, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Good luck, peach! I think you may end up getting quite a few ;-) I already plan to get BRG thanks to yours and PB's recommendation.