Dove Lathering Oil Makeup Remover

by lyn on February 6, 2012 · 16 comments

in Cleanser, Dove, Makeup Remover

I came across a few new Dove products at a local drugstore recently and picked up the Lathering Oil Makeup Remover. I think this product has been released for a few months and is available in most drugstores (pharmacies) nationwide.

The Dove Lathering Oil Makeup Remover is not an oil cleanser in the traditional sense but dispenses as a fluffy foam instead. Dove recommends 3 pumps and the foam can be applied onto wet or dry skin. The foam feels soft, spreads easily and is not oily. The bright yellow bottle is quite a cheerful addition in my bathroom too.

I find that it takes off face makeup quite well but heavier or waterproof eye makeup may require a separate remover first. I have read this product can sting eyes but haven’t experienced it because I try to keep my eyes tightly shut when cleaning my face. It doesn’t leave my skin feeling stripped and uncomfortable. I still follow a double cleanse routine because I use the Dove cleanser more as a makeup remover and prefer my skin to be thoroughly cleaned before applying the rest of my skincare for the evening.

Overall, the Dove Lathering Oil Makeup Remover is a relatively good and affordable makeup remover. It is not particularly effective at removing eye makeup but if you generally wear light makeup and sunscreen, the Dove remover may be enough for you. This product can be found at most drugstores for RM32.90.

Ingredient List:
Water, PEG-8, Isopentyldiol, Glycerin, PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Pottasium Cocoyl Glycinate, Lauryl Hydroxysultaine, BG Laurate, Lauryl Glucoside, Isopropyl Myristate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Methylparaben, Perfume, Tetrasodium EDTA, Ethanol, BHT, Sodium Carbonate, Magnesium Nitrate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Tocopherol, Magnesium Chloride

Sukie Kang February 6, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Hello Lyn!

lyn February 6, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Hi Sukie, It may not cleanse as well as the usual cleansing oils but it does remove light makeup quite effectively.

Nikki February 6, 2012 at 3:19 AM

Nice Lyn! i have this but still didn't get the chance to use this as I'm finishing up my current one which is the Nature Republic Green Apple one :D

milktea February 6, 2012 at 6:14 AM

Good! It's finally here in Malaysia :) gotta get me one!

dom February 6, 2012 at 6:32 AM

Interesting product! This is something I'm willing to try since I don't really like oil cleansers (the traditional one that requires you to lather it up and what not).

plue suewin February 7, 2012 at 3:30 AM

eh it's out here already? Haven't notice it though, maybe I too busy with checking the revlon lip butters haha

Rainy Days & Lattes February 7, 2012 at 5:42 AM

This remover looks really good! I love how it foams nicely :) Thanks for sharing this!!

lyn February 8, 2012 at 4:37 AM

Hi Nikki, Your green apply remover sounds pretty interesting (not to mention, nice smelling)! I'd love to read your take on the Dove one :-)

lyn February 8, 2012 at 4:40 AM

@milktea It's been out in Malaysia for a few months already but may not be prominently displayed. Hope you like it (if you do purchase).

lyn February 8, 2012 at 4:41 AM

Hey Dom, I won't recommend this if you use waterproof mascaras or eyeliners because it does not remove eye makeup very well. However if it's just light foundation / bb cream or sunscreen, it is good enough.

lyn February 8, 2012 at 4:44 AM

@plue They are not prominently displayed, which may be why you missed them. I think they've been available for at least 4 months already.

lyn February 8, 2012 at 4:45 AM

Hi Rainy Days, The foam is nice and I like that it doesn't leave a greasy film behind. I don't think this product even contains oil so I'm not sure why it's called an "Oil Makeup Remover".

plue suewin February 9, 2012 at 8:04 AM
beautyholicsanonymous February 9, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Oooh this is a favourite of mine. I've read mixed reviews about it, particularly about it stinging the eyes, but I've not had that problem. And it's affordable too :)

Chriselle Sy February 9, 2012 at 6:23 PM

I wonder when this will be available here. I love Dove and all their products and to be honest I would pretty much try anything from them just because I love them!

lyn February 11, 2012 at 6:24 PM

@beautyholicsanonymous It is definitely one of the easiest remover to use. Like yourself, I've read very mixed reviews but so far, I haven't faced any issues and do find it to be pretty decent.