Coming Up Roses with Dior Rosy Glow Healthy Awakening Blush

by lyn on February 29, 2012 · 17 comments

in Blush, Dior, Spring

I was really stoked about the Dior Garden Party Spring 2012 collection mainly due to the new Rosy Glow Awakening Blush in #001 Petal. I was most intrigued by Dior’s claim that the blush has the ability to self-adjust with the moisture of each person’s skin to create a customised blush shade.

ROSY GLOW reacts with the moisture in each skin type, giving a delicious and subtle blush to the cheeks. When applied, the initially fresh, light color develops into a rosy blush to suit each individual complexion, for an ultra-natural, tailor-made healthy glow that lasts all day. ~ description by Dior

The blush is housed in a silver lucite compact that feels quite solid although it is not metal. It also comes with a little brush but I would have preferred if the entire pan was the blush itself because these little brushes do nothing for me.

In the pan, the Rosy Glow #001 Petal blush appears as a bright, bubblegum pink with slightly cool undertones. The consistency is quite soft and I find that my brush picks up the product quite easily. It is rather pigmented and I tend to apply with a light hand as it is supposed to adjust to a slightly deeper colour on my skin. The texture of the powder blush is finely milled and very smooth. It has a very light rose fragrance but is undetectable when applied.

I don’t think swatches for this type of blush will help immensely as it will look different on various skin types and colours. On the back of my hand, it appears as a bright candy pink however it transforms into a moderately warmer pink with a hint of peach undertones when applied onto my face.

* photo taken with flash *

The Dior Rosy Glow #001 Petal is undoubtedly a really pretty Spring blush. The technology behind the blush is what makes it interesting and a worth while purchase. I also like the embossed Dior logo throughout the entire pan, the design is elegant and intricate without going overboard.

If you are looking for an in-season blush to get, I’d recommend taking a look at the Rosy Glow Awakening Blush in #001 Petal. Each compact retails at RM150. I purchased this in January and it was already sold out in most places but the blush is permanent so if you missed out getting it back then, you can probably wait when they are restocked.

Have you picked up Rosy Glow for yourself and have you tried any self-adjusting cosmetics before? Do share your experience or just let me know if any of these chameleon-like makeup actually works.

xin February 29, 2012 at 9:41 AM

love your rosy cheeks and the lashes!

what’s the occasion? ;)
xin recently posted..Magnetic Nail Polish Fun – How it works and how to use?My Profile

lyn February 29, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Thanks, Xin! Was just testing out the lashes, one of those half types. No occasion, actually did housework and made dinner. Yeah, because I’m classy like that ;-)

Paris B February 29, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Snap! I’m using this today :)
Paris B recently posted..Getting Cheeky this Leap Year with the Cle de Peau Beaute Cheek BrushMy Profile

lyn February 29, 2012 at 8:47 PM

It’s one of the nicest-looking blush I have! I’ve been using it quite frequently too.

Juan February 29, 2012 at 9:49 AM

The blush colour looks gorgeous on you!
Juan recently posted..Citta Mall, Ara Damansara PJ – a nice new alternativeMy Profile

lyn February 29, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Thanks, babe! It’s one of my faves this Spring season :-)

rinnah February 29, 2012 at 10:00 AM

You make me wanna get this… *runs off to put on lemming list*
rinnah recently posted..Davines Melu Mellow Anti-Breakage Lustrous Shampoo and ConditionerMy Profile

lyn February 29, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Oooh, I think you’ll likey very muchy! It will look so pretty against your complexion too :-)

plue February 29, 2012 at 10:01 AM

i spot false lashes! the pink looks very pretty on you :)
plue recently posted..Happy Chinese New Year!My Profile

lyn February 29, 2012 at 8:50 PM

You have a good eye! Was trying something new, I’ve never attempted falsies on my own before. Tricky lil’ things, they are.

beetrice February 29, 2012 at 10:10 AM

*chants* It looks REALLY good on you…but I don’t need this…must…resist…the…temptation…Arrgggghhh!! someone please hide my wallet! >.<

PS: what did you use on your eyes? loving that colour!
beetrice recently posted..Organic aromatherapy for your lips? Maybe not, but Pangea Organics Lipbalm comes closeโ€ฆMy Profile

lyn February 29, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Thanks, Bee! Sorry for being #evurl but it’s a really pretty blush ;-) I was using MAC’s Stars & Rockets and Da Bling (the glimmery middle bit). Was testing out a pink and purple look that day.

Lily February 29, 2012 at 11:11 AM

I absolutely love this! And it looks great on you too =) On me, it is a slightly more pigmented hue of pink, leaning rosy. I’ve tried the Smashbox O-Glow before. Dior trumps, hands down =)
Lily recently posted..Monthend Randomness: LOVE, my declaration.My Profile

lyn February 29, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Dior wins it for me too, although I don’t have Smashbox to compare. I think depending on how much you apply, it will look slightly deeper as well. I was being careful because my cheeks are naturally pink and I can’t use too much because it may end up being ruddy instead.

dom March 1, 2012 at 9:53 AM

This ones looks GOOD. And the falsies look amazing :) I was gonna ask if you’ve tried cheaper self-adjusting brands before, because while I would love to splurge, lately I’ve just been using what I have – gotta live up to the minimalistic-ness.
dom recently posted..ksuanโ€™s Top 3 Favourite Looks from the 2012 OscarsMy Profile

plue March 1, 2012 at 10:21 AM

we shall not let the minimalism in you prevail! #evurl
plue recently posted..Happy Chinese New Year!My Profile

lyn March 1, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Thanks, dom! I’m afraid I’ve never tried other self-adjusting blushes before but I’m sure they are out there somewhere. You don’t really need this when you already have what you’re happy with ;-)