An Overview of Topshop Kohl Eyeliner Pencils

by lyn on February 13, 2012 · 11 comments

in Eyeliner, Topshop Makeup

One of my favourite high-street guilty pleasures is Topshop Makeup. I first discovered them early last year and at that time, they only had the makeup line available at the KLCC Topshop store. They have recently expanded to carry their makeup range in more Topshop stores.

Some time mid of last year, I picked up four of the Topshop Kohl Eyeliners in the colours Bolt, Saddle, Juniper and Slate. They were having a promotion at that time, which was why I purchased four different shades at one go.

The Topshop Kohl Eyeliner has excellent application. The pencil glides on easily without tugging and the pigment applies very smoothly. I usually apply pencil eyeliners on my top lash line and create a little flick at the end. These pencils perform really well without issues.

The staying-power is also pretty good. It lasts a full working day on me with slight fading towards the end of the day. Just bear in mind that I normally have my makeup on for more than 12 hours and anything that stays is quite good in my books. It does smudge a little as my lids are oily but it definitely lasts longer when used with an eye primer.

Pros:
• Smooth application.
• Pigmented.
• Long lasting.
• Good variety of colour selections.
• Very affordable.

Cons:
• May not be available widely across Malaysia.

Topshop Kohl Eyeliners are sold at most Topshop stores in Klang Valley. Each pencil costs RM23. The makeup range is available at KLCC, Pavilion, One Utama and Sunway Pyramid stores. The sales assistant mentioned a few more outlets but I cannot recall them.

Have you tried any Topshop Makeup before and do you like them? Do share and let me know what else is worth checking out :-)

plue suewin February 13, 2012 at 2:15 AM

i think Midvalley's branch also has it :) juniper and bolt looks beautiful!

Nikki February 13, 2012 at 2:19 AM

I agree, and I dont' see them anywhere! the pencil looks soooo cute! I like the polka dots!

beetrice February 13, 2012 at 3:37 AM

bolt and juniper look lovely – and not too expensive either! *puts on list of things to buy next trip back* :D

huixin February 13, 2012 at 9:23 AM

i have never tried any makeup from topshop, and not very interested either although i quite like the packaging. but i have tried kohl liner from another brand (that i forgot), and smudged like mad on my lids even with primer!

Stephanie Choong February 14, 2012 at 6:18 AM

Love Topshop's makeup's packaging- so cute! Yes they're available in Topshop Mid Valley and 1U as well. I've tried their felt-tip eyeliner- it smells exactly like markers LOL!

lyn February 14, 2012 at 2:03 PM

@plue Ah okay, thanks for the information! My favourite is Juniper too :-)

lyn February 14, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Hi Nikki, Yes… The packaging is super cute, which was why I was attracted to them at first :-)

lyn February 14, 2012 at 2:05 PM

@beetrice These are definitely one of the more affordable and good quality eyeliner pencils available. They have many different shades too!

lyn February 14, 2012 at 2:07 PM

@huixin I can't guarantee that these Topshop pencils won't smudge because they did on me. But they performed better with a primer. I have actually picked up a few other items and am so far quite impressed with them.

lyn February 14, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Hi Stephanie, Thanks for confirming the MV outlet too. Have you tried these pencil liners before? Sounds like the felt tip ones are pretty interesting too.