Multi-Task Brush from Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman

by lyn on January 25, 2012 · 13 comments

in Real Techniques, Tools

I am sure most of you would have heard of the Pixiwoo sisters, one of the most successful beauty gurus on YouTube. Samantha Chapman who is the older sister, has launched a line of synthetic brushes called Real Techniques some time last year. I have been contemplating on ordering them for a while but to my surprise, Shins (the store) now have the brushes available locally.

The Multi-Task Brush is from the Travel Essentials set and it includes two other brushes, a narrow Foundation Brush and a Domed Shadow Brush. I have given away the foundation brush to my youngest sister and kept the remaining two brushes, which I quite like and have been using frequently.

My favourite brush from this set is the Multi-Task Brush, which they recommend for application of powder, blush and bronzer. I have not been using this brush as recommended and instead have been using it as a liquid or cream foundation brush. Let me just say that it works beautifully!

The bristles are made from taklon and the brush feels very plush, dense and soft. The extended aluminium ferrule feels light and comfortable. You are supposed to be able to stand the brush up on its own as the base is quite wide but I don’t see much use for this function. The set also comes with a Panoramic Brush Case, which is a foldable, standing brush holder.

As mentioned, I use the Multi-Task Brush with liquid and cream foundations. What I normally do is to stipple on some product onto my face and then blend out with light, swirly motions. My foundations look flawless with this brush and it works better than a regular duo-fiber stippling brush (I have the 187 from MAC). As the brush head is so dense and soft, it blends everything like a dream.

I have washed this brush a few times and it doesn’t bleed or shed. It dries relatively quickly for a synthetic hair brush too. I like the Multi-Task Brush so much that is has more or less replaced my other foundation brushes and I have been using this solely since getting it last month.

I purchased the Travel Essentials set from the Shins shop at RM135. Sadly, the Multi-Task Brush is not available individually and you’d need to get the whole set. It is a pretty fair deal though because the pricing in UK (where the brushes come from) is Β£20.99 but after adding shipping, it will be more expensive to purchase online.

PS:
Did you miss my blog birthday giveaway? Do have a look and join in the fun!

Connie De Alwis January 25, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Good find! Didn't think that they'd be available locally. And considering the shipping, time and risk off package going missing, the price is reasonable

plue suewin January 25, 2012 at 2:56 AM

not bad! the local makeup scene is picking up nicely eh? too bad my friend is back from the Uk otherwise I could have asked her to help pick this up :P

Sarah January 25, 2012 at 7:38 AM

Hai,I'm new here. It's not available at Shins Malacca. hate it!!! I really want to buy this brush

Paris B January 25, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Oh yay! Thanks for the heads up on local availability :) I don't follow Pixiwoo but I'd heard of these brushes and was planning to get some recently. Will try to take a look next time I hit up a mall ;)

lyn January 25, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Hi Sarah, You can probably find these brushes from the bigger Shins shops. They may not be available in all stores.

lyn January 25, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Yep, am really glad that our local scene is getting better and more brands are being brought in :-)

lyn January 25, 2012 at 3:27 PM

I've been quite impressed with a few of their brushes and this multi-task one is my fave. It applies liquid foundation so well :-)

lyn January 25, 2012 at 3:31 PM

I think you'll like them :-) Not all their brushes perform as well but the denser and fluffier ones are pretty good.

dom January 27, 2012 at 8:23 AM

It's finally here! Thanks for pointing out that Shins has it. I was so tempted to get it when my friend went overseas but now that it's here, I can have a looky-feely before deciding.

milktea January 29, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Nice brushes! Price not so great but at least they've arrived in M'sia. :)

lyn January 30, 2012 at 7:36 AM

Dom, I've more or less ditched my other foundie brushes in favour of this multi-task brush :-) It blends everything so well. Do check them out when you get the chance.

lyn January 30, 2012 at 7:42 AM

@milktea Yes, they are quite pricey but I am quite happy with the performance of the brushes so far.