Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF15 in Passion

by lyn on January 4, 2012 · 19 comments

in Fresh, Lipbalm, Liptint

I certainly hope y’all have had a good 2011 and are looking forward to a more fabulous year ahead :-)

I have been meaning to order these Sugar Lip Treatments for a number of years now but never really got around to it. However our local Sephora has brought Fresh in, I’m not sure when but it may have been around two months ago. This makes me so happy! I have used a number of the face products before but these Lip Treatments weren’t available back then.

Fresh Sugar Lip

The Sugar Lip Treatment each comes in a cardboard box. There is a colourless version, which is their mainstay lipbalm and there are four tinted versions in Honey, Rose, Plum and Passion.

Fresh Sugar Lip

I decided to pick up Passion first (and have already returned to get the regular version and Honey too) because it was the most tinted amongst the lot and since my lips are quite pigmented to begin with, I wanted a lip tint that will show up.

Fresh Sugar Lip

The packaging feels very solid and comes in a twist-up metal tube. That way, you don’t have to worry about the cap falling off.

Fresh Sugar Lip

Passion is a lovely berry-red that applies slightly sheer but still has enough opacity to provide a hint of colour on lips. It feels really, really good! I have insanely dry lips and it doesn’t help that I get lazy at reapplying lipbalm throughout the day. But the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment feels emollient yet not greasy and it actually feels like it’s moisturising my lips. It sinks in quite nicely and doesn’t feel tacky or too oily.

Fresh Sugar Lip

* sorry for looking a little sickly, was just recovering from a cold *

I find Passion to be quite complimentary against my skin tone and I think it’s one of those light reds that will suit most people. In fact, if you are afraid of a full-on red lipstick and have just started out experimenting with bolder colours, Passion will suit you fine. It’s pigmented but sheer enough to not appear too strong.

It has a lemony-sugar scent that is really quite delish! However folks who are sensitive to scent may not like this product because the smell does linger for a bit. But I love it because it reminds me of a tartier version of a lemon meringue pie, which happens to be my favourite dessert. It tastes slightly sweet but mind you, I don’t have a habit of licking my lips often so I’m not sure if it will send you lip-lickers into sugar high ;-)

I have been using this in place of my usual lipsticks lately because my lips have been very dry and the dryness was aggravated by a recent bout of fever and cold. I just have to make it a point to reapply my lipbalm and this Lip Treatment more frequently to help keep my lips soft and supple.

Overall, I am really happy with the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment and have even gone back to get a couple more. Yes, I love them that much! Each Sugar Lip Treatment retails for RM65 (including the regular version) and is sold at Sephora Starhill and KLCC. It is not exactly cheap for what is essentially a lipbalm / lip tint, but if you are looking for a little treat, the Sugar Lip Treatment is very nice indeed.

Ingredients:

Cera Alba (Beeswax), Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Decyl Esters, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Parfum (Fragrance), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Limnanthes Alba, (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Passiflora Incarnata Seed Oil, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Persea Gratissima, (Avocado) Oil , Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Vanillin, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Propyl Gallate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Ci 15850 (Red 7 Lake), Ci 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Ci 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Limonene, Citral, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, BHT.

Paris B January 4, 2012 at 1:32 AM

I was dithering over Passion too but decided not to get it in the end because I was afraid that layering it over and over would result in a thick sort of red tint like most tinted lip balm give you – but it does look nice on you so I might have to take another look! I ended up with the lighter rose tinted one :D

rinnah January 4, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Argh, it's cheaper in Malaysia than it is in Singapore! I need to come back and buy this to save $$$!

dom January 4, 2012 at 2:08 AM

LEMM LEMM LEMM. but i have too many lip balms already :(

huixin January 4, 2012 at 2:32 AM

the color looks quite lovely on you! it's indeed pricey and i guess it's not too bad if u treat it as a lipstick + balm :) i think you really like to buy things in bulk :P did any of your family use to run a grocery shop?

kahani January 4, 2012 at 4:47 AM

I'm loving the one Rinnah gave me as a pressie too! Am planning on reviewing it soonish. =)

Jamilla January 4, 2012 at 2:05 PM

I've got Lemon Sugar and Rose and I love them both!

biianca January 4, 2012 at 6:55 PM

the lip balm looks lovely on you! :) now i feel like getting one hehe. and it has spf too! such a plus point *mumbles* haha

lyn January 5, 2012 at 3:14 AM

I tested out Rose but it seemed quite light, which was why I picked up Passion. It is a lovely tint with SPF15 to boot, so offers your lips some protection :-)

lyn January 5, 2012 at 3:16 AM

I checked out Singapore prices last year and yes, most items are more expensive than Malaysia. A good reason to come back, besides food, family and friends ;-)

lyn January 5, 2012 at 3:18 AM

It's going to be permanent so no need to rush out and get it yet ;-) You can try finishing up your lipbalms in the meantime (but that will never happen).

lyn January 5, 2012 at 3:20 AM

Thanks for the compliment! Hehehe, no grocery business but I just prefer to make my rare shopping trips to KL worth while ;-) At least I got them in different colours this time.

lyn January 5, 2012 at 3:21 AM

Yay, another fan! I can't wait to read your review :-) Did you get Passion as well?

lyn January 5, 2012 at 3:21 AM

Yes, these Sugar Lip Treatments are really nice and I can see why you love them too!

lyn January 5, 2012 at 3:23 AM

Thanks! I'd recommend testing it out if you get the chance because the scent may turn some people off. I do like it though. Let me know what you think if you happen to get any :-)

ksuan January 5, 2012 at 7:47 AM

Hey Lyn, good to see you like Fresh's balms. I love mine too, but unfortunately, both of mine MELTED and I had to depot them into tiny jars as a result. :(

lyn January 5, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Oh my! Thanks for the warning. My lipbalms have been okay so far and seem very solid. Did you leave them in a very warm area?

ksuan January 6, 2012 at 1:22 AM

No, I always made sure they weren't left in warm temperatures because I knew they were so high in sugar content. They melted like Frosty the Snowman despite my best efforts :(

milktea January 29, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Too expensive.. :( need my christmas & CNY bonus to afford this! ;)

lyn January 30, 2012 at 7:46 AM

@milktea It is quite a splurge! But if you're looking for a more "luxurious" lipbalm, the Fresh Sugar ones may fit the bill :-)