theBalm Frat Boy Shadow / Blush

by lyn on December 5, 2011 · 10 comments

in Blush, theBalm

theBalm has gone and done it again and this time with the Frat Boy blush! I sincerely hope this is the last of the “Boy” series because the names are getting quite absurd. Frat Boy was only made available locally slightly more than a month ago and it completes the Boy blush line-up, for now at least.

thebalm frat boy

Name aside, I still love that magnetic cardboard packaging with the cute retro print. The Frat Boy cover seems to evoke the spirit of fun and youth and um,… American football.

thebalm frat boy

It is described as a peachy-apricot but I think it has more pink than apricot on skin. It is such a pretty shade! I actually received a few compliments the first time I wore the blush and even le hubby noticed, which is quite a big deal since he is not very observant about such matters.

thebalm frat boy
* swatch *

Like all the other theBalm blushes, the consistency is really soft and buttery. It is very, very pigmented so I’d recommend using a light hand especially if you have fair skin. I just need to gently tap my brush in a couple of times and it picks up quite a bit of product. The blush applies smoothly and blends like a dream. Honestly, theBalm has really gotten their formulas right with all their powdered products.

thebalm frat boy

The blush is quite matte and does not contain shimmer but it does have a slight satiny finish, which is great for those who don’t like to have sparkly cheeks. I believe it will suit most skin tones well.

thebalm frat boy
* upclose *

Frat Boy is a peachy-pink shade on me and I’d like to think that it gives me that peaches and cream complexion. I’m probably a little deluded though! As mentioned before, it is very pigmented and you only need a little at a time.

thebalm frat boy

theBalm Frat Boy Shadow / Blush is yet another hit for me! The blush is well pigmented, silky and has all the qualities of a good blush that I can’t really think of any cons except for the silly name. It retails at RM65 each but I got mine during a promotional period and paid RM50 for it.

Paris B December 5, 2011 at 1:44 AM

I love the colour – went to check it out n number of times. But every time I see the stupid cover I put it back. I don't mind the cardboard packaging but the name & images are for me, a turn off :(

rinnah December 5, 2011 at 1:53 AM

You look lovely, but what really caught my eye (and my attention) was that pretty glossy pink on your lips! :P

huixin December 5, 2011 at 2:36 AM

looking very pretty on u! i have checked it in sasa, i wasn't really impressed. but it actually ooks better on your skin than in the pan

Ann December 6, 2011 at 6:04 AM

Hello, Su Ann here (Aster's friend if you remember). Just wanted to drop you a note saying how much I enjoy reading your site :) You've created so many lemmings for me!

lyn December 6, 2011 at 9:21 AM

Just bury it deep inside your stash and close your eyes whenever you need to use it. That way, the cover won't irritate you as much. I just wonder how many more "Boys" they can come up with. Other than that, the colour is really pretty.

lyn December 6, 2011 at 9:23 AM

Thanks, love! I think I was using Dior's Serum de Rouge in Crystal Magenta but I can't seem to find much info on this colour online.

lyn December 6, 2011 at 9:25 AM

Thanks, Xin! I think it's one of those shades that you'd need to test out on skin because in the pan it just looks a little plain and peachy. I've had pretty good luck with most of theBalm blushes so far.

lyn December 6, 2011 at 9:28 AM

Hi, Su Ann… Of course I remember you! Creating lemmings is what we beauty bloggers aim to do ;-) Thanks for dropping in and I'll be sure to pass on your compliments to my mum too.

plue suewin December 10, 2011 at 1:04 AM

now this is something that looks like i NEED it instead of wanting it. with the other 3 theBalm blush, which of it is your fav? :P

lyn December 10, 2011 at 1:32 PM

I like Down Boy the most because it's the easiest to wear and suits my skin tone the best. The others are really pretty too and each has its own appeal :-)