Chanel Vitalumiere Hydra Moist Radiance Emulsion Compact SPF15

by lyn on December 19, 2011 · 12 comments

in Chanel, Foundation

I love new foundation discoveries and am usually on a lookout for anything interesting. In my review on Chanel’s Vitalumiere Satin Smoothing Foundation, I mentioned that I usually have trouble finding a good colour match at our local Chanel counters as the shades are rather limited compared to what’s available overseas. So it was a pleasant surprise that I recently found yet another gem from Chanel’s Vitalumiere range.

chanel hydra foundation

The Chanel Vitalumiere Hydra Compact is an Asia-specific release and launched some time in October 2011. I believe other parts of the world got their hands on the new Perfection Lumiere (I want this too!) but I don’t think it will be available locally yet. Anyway, I am still really happy with the Vitalumiere Hydra Compact and let me tell you why.

chanel hydra foundation

Chanel’s classic and luxurious packaging always appeals to me and I love how the compact fits so nicely in my palm. The compact is travel-friendly and probably is a good one to take along for touch-ups too.

chanel hydra foundation
chanel hydra foundation

It has a creamy consistency that is not too thick and quite easy to spread. I picked up the lightest shade available locally which is Beige (20) and it is a fairly close match to my skin tone. It looks a little yellow in the swatches above but that’s only because my hands have a cooler undertone than my face.

chanel hydra foundation

The foundation dries down to a powder finish that feels very comfortable and non-drying. It has a fine and smooth texture and blends in very easily. It provides medium coverage but can be sheered out if you choose to. I have been using my fingers with a combination of patting and swiping motions and the warmth of my fingers helps the creamy formula blend better too.

chanel hydrat foundation

It is also quite a long-lasting foundation and generally lasts through my work day. I don’t need to blot my face as much because I think it helps control oil quite well. My t-zone gets rather oily but the rest of my face tends to be dehydrated so it can be difficult finding the right balance.

Overall, the Vitalumiere Hydra Compact is yet another Chanel cosmetic I am pretty happy with. It is quite an expensive purchase and costs RM198 per pop. Due to its price factor, this won’t be something I’d highly recommend unless you really, really need a foundation and want a cream based type as well.

rinnah December 19, 2011 at 1:50 AM

I don't really need this but honestly Lyn, you make this sound really good! XD

huixin December 19, 2011 at 2:00 AM

looks lovely on yr skin! although was scared by the yellow tone on yr hand. i vaguely remember i had a cream based foundation but didn't quite like it, so have only used it a few times then put it aside already

Rainy Days & Lattes December 19, 2011 at 4:07 AM

The compact sounds fabulous. I love those Asia exclusive products – just wish they'd have it here in the US ;P

Jamilla December 20, 2011 at 2:25 AM

I LOVE Asia-onlythe Chanel foundations! I just picked up the

lyn December 20, 2011 at 4:53 AM

I would recommend testing it out first and try to get a sample too. But I do like it except for the price >.<

lyn December 20, 2011 at 4:56 AM

Cream foundations are not for everyone. I was quite sceptical at first but I did get a sample to try first and decided a quite like it :-)

lyn December 20, 2011 at 4:58 AM

On the other, we wish we have more of the US releases ;-) I am so wanting to try out Perfection Lumiere but I don't think they will bring it in locally anytime soon.

lyn December 20, 2011 at 8:17 AM

That's probably the next Chanel foundation I'll try! Thanks for the recommendation :-)

Connie De Alwis December 20, 2011 at 4:28 PM

It looks great on you! Your skin looks so smoooooth… I thought I'd like a cream compact foundation but I have the MAC Mineralized one that I don't use all that often. When i tried, it looked really good but when I have it, meh…The priciest foundation that I own is the RMK powder foundation but it's divine…. ugh. And a lot of the pan is showing already T_T

lyn December 21, 2011 at 11:36 PM

Thanks, Connie! Cream foundations are usually a hit or miss but luckily, this Chanel one worked out quite well on me. The RMK foundation you mentioned sounds really good!

Stephanie Choong December 22, 2011 at 2:38 AM

I should really stop reading your foundation posts! :P I love Chanel foundations! I've used the Vitalumiere Eclat powder foundation and the Mat Lumiere powder foundation, and I love them both, and am using Mat Lumiere at the moment because my go-to Burberry has hit pan and I have to wait until after the Christmas frenzy has subsided to restock it haha! Though yes, colour matching for Chanel foundations is a bit bleh. The foundation really looks good on you too BTW :)

lyn December 23, 2011 at 1:59 AM

I have never really tried Chanel foundations until recently and so far am quite impressed. I still find the shades a wee bit yellow (the ones available here) but at least I can find something that matches well :-)