Weekend Babbles : Nail Polish on the Brain

by lyn on November 27, 2011 · 10 comments

in Polish

If anyone has been following my tweets, you would have noticed I have a disease called “Nail Polish Syndrome”. You know, where all you can think about and talk about is nail polish, all day and all night. I have been stalking a number of gorgeous nail bloggers too. The last I counted, I have subscribed to 69 nail blogs on my feed reader.

nail polish

The obsession first started when I decided to do something about my dingy nails. I’m not a nail biter but I have a tendency to scrape the tips off whenever I’m stressed out. One evening, I decided to pull out a couple of polishes from my stash and started painting my nails. The results were pretty nice although my nails and cuticles were in a rather sad state at that time.

nail polish
* collage of photos taken with my phone *

There’s something about nail polished nails that makes me feel happy. And no, I haven’t been inhaling too much fumes. Nowadays, whenever I am stressed out (which is quite often at work), I would just take a glance at my nails and it instantly cheers me up! It’s definitely better than scraping them off.

I also find painting my nails to be quite a therapeutic activity. I have the tv or some music going on in the background and normally do it in the evenings or weekends. It takes about 30 to 45 minutes from start to finish, including the drying time unless the nail polish is thicker and takes longer. That’s equivalent to watching an episode of Dexter :-)

So, hands up if you have nail polish on the brain too!

Hope you’re all having a lovely weekend and to those in Malaysia, enjoy your long weekend too!

huixin November 27, 2011 at 7:43 AM

totally agree on the cheering up part too! i think i spend at least 5 mins at work daily (on n off) to inspect my nails. ^_^

lyn November 27, 2011 at 8:58 AM

If I have such fun and cheerful nails like yours, I'd be staring and giggling at them all day :-)

BeatriceWang November 28, 2011 at 3:25 AM

I love your nails *jealous* haven't gotten that creative with nail colours yet, but thanks to you #evurl enablers at least they're looking more cheerful! :P

lyn November 28, 2011 at 5:06 AM

Thanks, babe! Although I've purchased a few different colours, I find myself gravitating towards reds, purples and pinks more :-)

rinnah November 28, 2011 at 8:00 AM

Oh you're definitely an enabler *wink* I haven't gotten around to diligently doing my fingers even though I love looking at my toes during the long, boring MRT rides… :P

lyn November 28, 2011 at 9:30 AM

It's always nice to have something pretty to look at :-) Being #evurl is fun and I'm just doing my duty of spreading some love and joy.

plue suewin November 29, 2011 at 6:10 AM

i only paint my toes, since they last so much longer than on my nails! i have this obsession that my nails must be perfectly coloured and in it's pristine condition, if the condition is not met, I'd grab a remover and take off everything. :P I think toes are easier to paint than nails!

lyn November 29, 2011 at 10:26 AM

I'm the same and do spend some time on clean up because I can't stand messy nails too :-) And you're right, they do last longer on toes.

Soo November 30, 2011 at 7:21 AM

holy crap you follow a lot of nail blogs, and that's just the ones focused on nails, huh? o.O"I haven't been into nails that long either. I started up cause I wanted to be girlier (I'd always stayed away cause I was such a perfectionist that I was never satisfied with any polish I did on my nails)–but the bf doesn't like that I only paint my left hand lolI feel like I have too many polishes right now that I haven't posted about so I'm trying to hold out on them for a while.

lyn November 30, 2011 at 3:29 PM

Yes, I follow that many and the list is still growing O_o I find myself getting slightly better at painting with my non-dominant hand but my skills are still not that great. The darker / creamier colours tend to look a tad bit wonky.