Naruko Narcissus Defense BB Sunscreen SPF50

by lyn on November 11, 2011 · 13 comments

in BB Cream, Naruko

Naruko is a Taiwanese beauty brand created by Niu-Er, who’s a famous makeup artist I believe. I have read many raves about their products before and have also seen a couple of reviews by Fuzkittie (a YouTube beauty guru). I was pretty excited when I spotted a few Naruko products at a nearby Watsons quite recently and just had to get their BB cream (well, what would you expect from a foundation junkie?).

naruko bb cream

Like most BB creams, the Naruko Narcissus one comes in a squeeze tube that is easy to control. I tend to prefer such packaging too because it is easier to travel with compared to heavier bottles.

naruko bb cream

The consistency is quite watery and coverage is very light. In fact, I would say the coverage is similar to a tinted moisturiser more so than a foundation. It is quite possibly the sheerest amongst all BB creams I have tried. The texture is very smooth and blends to almost nothing on my skin. It does not enhance the dry bits on my face too, which is a good thing as my skin has been rather dehydrated lately.

naruko bb cream

Due to its sheer nature, I have been using the Naruko BB cream as a base instead and then applying whatever foundation (liquid or powder) in my rotation on top. I think it acts as a relatively decent primer since it helps smooth my skin out, is lightly moisturising and at the same time, controls oil quite well.

Like most BB creams, the Naruko one only comes in one shade and thankfully, it is a very good match on my skin tone. The colour is a neutral-beige and should suit those with NC15 to NC25 colouring.

naruko bb cream

I must admit I am rather impressed by its ingredient list and it seems to have some pretty interesting stuff in it. I’m not certain what skincare benefits some of them provide but I like that it contains quite a number of herbal extracts. It has a herby-floral scent that is actually quite pleasant but if you’re sensitive perfume, you may not like this product although the scent does dissipate after a short while.

In summary, if you are looking for a lightweight BB cream with added sunscreen, the Naruko Narcissus Defense BB Sunscreen SPF50 is a good option. The Naruko BB cream can be found at most Watsons for RM49. I believe you can order from the Naruko Malaysia website at a slightly cheaper price but do note that the site is in Mandarin.

Have you tried anything from Naruko and what are your recommendations?

huixin November 11, 2011 at 5:46 AM

hm i have tried a few naruko products a year or two ago, but strangely i just can't remember what are they already =/

lyn November 12, 2011 at 2:33 AM

They probably weren't memorable then ;-) This bb cream is pretty good though and I've been using it regularly without problems.

plue suewin November 12, 2011 at 4:53 AM

i tested this when i saw it in watsons a long while back, and was impressed that it wasn't oily. and it's a plus that it's SPF50! might be a touch too fair for me though >.<

Shen November 12, 2011 at 6:05 AM

Ooohhh!! I wish we that here. :)

lyn November 14, 2011 at 3:34 PM

It's a shame it didn't work on you since it's quite a decent product :-(

milktea November 30, 2011 at 5:42 AM

It looks promising! Hope it's not too light for me. :-)

lyn November 30, 2011 at 3:02 PM

It's actually quite a decent product. If you like lightweight bb creams / tints, this may work for you. I'd recommend testing it directly on your jawline and neck and let it settle for bit to see if it matches you.

plue suewin January 11, 2012 at 3:01 AM

i think i'll just go try la, since tine also talk about it, and if i use a moderate amount, it won't make me look like i had mismatched foundation on right? :P

lyn January 11, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Actually, since it's so light and watery and blends in well, I don't think you'll have an issue :-)

connie--wong February 3, 2012 at 7:39 AM

Hey Lyn, nice review! I've been eyeing on it for awhile but would like to know how's the sun protection like?

lyn February 3, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Hi Connie, I'm afraid I have not used it as a sunscreen on its own, as I tend to use it more like a primer or tinted moisturiser. So I can't say how effective it is if you spend a full day under the sun.

Judy May 22, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Ehm, how’s the coverage like? Am looking for a good coverage yet natural looking bb cream. I saw eGarden Naruko Malaysia is selling this at a cheaper price! Shall I go for it? ;)

lyn June 1, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Hi Judy, the coverage is pretty sheer. If you require something a bit heavier, I’d recommend either the BRTC Jasmine Water or Skin79 Hot Pink bb creams. The Naruko one is still a good option if you need lighter coverage. My suggestion is to try it out in person first (if you get the chance) and then decide if you would like to purchase from the Naruko website.