Sweet Macaron Delights with Majolica Majorca Puff de Cheek

by lyn on September 30, 2011 · 10 comments

in Blush, Majolica Majorca

This post may seem a little late since the Majolica Majorca Puff de Cheek blushes were released in Spring 2011 as part of their Sugary Trap collection. However, I have seen these products available at a few Watsons and Sasa stores, so you can still obtain them locally.

majolica puff de cheek

My face used to be quite ruddy and it has only improved in recent months. Although I couldn’t really wear blush before, I kept buying them because I cannot resist their prettiness. And the Puff de Cheek blushes were so cute that they all had to come home with me.

The tin casing is modelled after a French macaron and it is really adorable. The Puff de Cheek is available in four colours but I have only seen three of them so far. The one that’s missing is the pale highlighter shade (Vanilla Macaron #82).

majolica puff de cheek
Peach Macaron (PK301)

majolica puff de cheek
Apricot Macaron (OR302)

majolica puff de cheek
Strawberry Macaron (PK303)

They each come with their own poofy cotton puff with a coordinate coloured bow on top. Everything about the Puff de Cheek just screams girly cuteness! I don’t use the puffs and prefer to use my blush brush as I can exert more control.

majolica puff de cheek

The texture is a little chalky but not powdery and they don’t leave that blush dust when you swirl or tap your brush in. I have read that the chalkiness was intentional as these blushes were meant for Asian skin, which in many cases can be oily so they are formulated to adhere better. Despite the slightly chalky texture, the blush applies very smoothly and blends easily.

majolica puff de cheek
* wearing Strawberry Macaron *

The three colours have matte finishes and the Vanilla Macaron (missing shade) is meant to highlight the blush if you choose to do so. They wear very well and have lasted throughout my work days without issues. These blushes are unscented and ought to suit sensitive skin types too.

The BeautyCabby Tip “Do ensure your face is set with powder before applying powdered blush. If the blush is applied directly on top of liquid foundation, it will be harder to blend out and may cake.”

Pros:
• Wearable colours and should suit most skin tones.
• Cute casing.
• Fragrance-free.
• Smooth and matte finish.

Cons:
• May be hard to find.
• Some folks may prefer shimmer.
• Tin casing may dent if not careful.

Availability:
As the Majolica Majorca Puff de Cheek is limited edition, it can be difficult to come by. I would encourage you to try your local Watsons or Sasa because I have seen a few stores selling them. Each blush retails at RM44.90.

dom September 30, 2011 at 1:26 AM

sigh, you're so pretty :) i like PK303, i think it's the most natural-looking pigmented blush that would look great on everyone

l y n September 30, 2011 at 2:00 AM

Hi dom, You're so kind to say so! It's definitely the "angle" I photograph myself in *most fats hidden* ;-) PK303 is my fave of the lot and it creates a very natural flush. Actually, OR302 is also very nice, you'd be surprised that orange blushes look really pretty on our Asian skin tones.

plue September 30, 2011 at 2:02 AM

your skin is absolutely flawless! i tested out the shades, but then I find it very sheer, so I didn't bring home with me, though there is a few times I nearly bow down to the temptation… maybe I'll go take a look again

l y n September 30, 2011 at 2:34 AM

Hey plue, Actually I have a lot of flaws but the foundation does help cover some up. The lighting in my room is also quite flattering and my new camera does not tend to pick up every pimple and pore as clearly as my dslr. Hehehe, lovin' it!You're right that these blushes are on the sheerer side but they still apply smoothly with a brush. If you intend to have more pigment, you can try using a denser brush.

Kahani September 30, 2011 at 4:26 AM

Ooh pretty… and now I'm tempted. Boo! Evurl!

l y n September 30, 2011 at 11:44 AM

Hi Kahani, I think we all go around tempting each other in some way or another ;-) We are not evurl for nothing! PK303 seems to be the harder one to locate though.

ksuan October 1, 2011 at 5:56 AM

What a pretty colour on you :) I am so tempted to go hunt for PK303 now.

l y n October 1, 2011 at 7:53 AM

Hi Suan, Thanks for the compliment! It is a really pretty colour and I hope you can find it. You may have better luck in SG :-)

Megan October 1, 2011 at 2:38 PM

These have the most beautiful packaging, gorgeous!

l y n October 2, 2011 at 12:45 AM

Thanks, Megan! They are really cute and quite honestly, I was attracted to the packaging more than the actual product at first. But I'm glad the blushes worked out quite nicely too :-)