Dior Addict Lipstick in Red Carpet

by lyn on July 31, 2011 · 12 comments

in Dior, Lipstick

There has been a number of exciting lipstick releases this year but I was completely distracted by the launch of Chanel Rouge Coco Shine that the other releases were pretty much put on the back burner. A few weeks ago, I met up with a couple of friends and they managed to convince me to get a Dior Addict lipstick in a shade called Red Carpet.

The Dior Addict lipsticks were relaunched earlier this year and they have tweaked the packaging a little and improved on the formula. According to Dior, these lipsticks are made with 25% less wax compared to most brands and this allows the gel formula to glide on better.
Dior Addict lipsticks are divided into three Iconic themes, which are Rock Icon, Doll Icon and Glam Icon. Red Carpet (#963) falls in the Glam Icon category and it epitomises the bold, rich colours in the collection.

{{ please click here to read more }}

iariaee August 1, 2011 at 1:52 AM

Red Carpet is extremely flattering on you! I think it brings out the fairness of your complexion, but they are so darn expensive. I just saw them yesterday, swatched a couple, and left confused. Their shade selection is quite crappy. I would rather they group according to color or at least to #, everything was quite confusing at the Dior counter :(Looking forward to the rest of your Dior lipsticks! *hugs*

Paris B / Pink Parisian August 1, 2011 at 5:28 AM

Love how it looks on you and psst! Told you so! ;)

l y n August 2, 2011 at 11:35 PM

iariaee: The colour selection can be a little confusing but if you already have a specific shade in mind, it's a lot easier :-)ParisB: Thanks for the recommendation! Honestly, I would not have bothered looking if it weren't for the both of you and I'm now so in love with the Dior formula.

Rae // theNotice August 3, 2011 at 12:14 AM

Mmm, what a gorgeous red! I love the way it stands out against your skintone :)

l y n August 3, 2011 at 10:24 AM

Hi Rae, Thanks so much for the compliment :-) I'm starting to like deeper lip colours now.

Larie August 3, 2011 at 6:56 PM

Oh, this is definitely so glam, I love it! I wanted to buy a Dior Addict, but there were so. Many. Colors. I couldn't pick one. So I didn't buy one ._. But I still desperately want one, so I will have to try harder next time, haha.

l y n August 4, 2011 at 4:09 AM

Hi Larie, The colour selection can be confusing and a little overwhelming too. I would suggest going with a specific colour family in mind (pink, rose, red, etc.) and then testing the vast and various lipsticks available.

prettybeautiful.net August 5, 2011 at 8:56 AM

red carpet red indeed! so so glam!

l y n August 6, 2011 at 3:23 AM

Thanks, Xin! I just wish I have more glam occasions to wear it to :-)

poseylass August 7, 2011 at 1:56 AM

Hey, sorry it might be late (you know my current situation) but I must tell you, you rock this red lippie :DAre you looking to get more? ;)

l y n August 7, 2011 at 4:10 AM

poseylass: Thanks, sweetie! And thanks to you for shoving this lippie into my hands… hehehe… I've been naughty and purchased a couple more other shades… hehehe…

belledemoiselle August 7, 2011 at 7:42 AM