playing with honey brown

by lyn on March 21, 2010 · 10 comments

in Eyeshadow, Lumiere, Mineral Make Up

The weekends are so precious these days. After slogging through some major insanity at work, I cannot wait until the weekend rolls around again and to recuperate. Not to mention I get to play with some makeup looks for a bit. I am still experimenting with new techniques, especially on my eyes. I need the practice because I suck at so many levels.

Today, I decided to whip out the free Lumiere mineral eyeshadow sample I received with my purchase from lovingminerals.com. By the way, this is my first foray into loose mineral eyeshadow. On it's own, it looks like a shimmery bark brown shade. To my surprise, it went on a little orange. Well, it is called Honey Brown and real honey does contain golden tones after all. I tried to lessen the orange-ness with a shimmery pink shade from MAC. I don't think I like the outcome though.

It looks better with flash. Believe it or not, I had brown eyeliner on but my application was so terrible that I had to smudge it out, which is why the crease colour is browner and darker.

{{ please click here to read more }}

Paris B March 21, 2010 at 9:30 AM

I stay away from warm browns – like you, I find it does not enhance my looks. Try a cooler brown or brown-taupe. They are pretty and workable as crease and liner. As for concealer, the I Nuovi UnderCover is great for me as is Lancome Effacernes :)

knitties March 21, 2010 at 10:50 AM

Thanks for the rec, ParisB! I may have a few neutral browns and a taupe shade somewhere. I was hoping to do a pink and brown combo today but kinda failed.

Connie De Alwis March 22, 2010 at 7:08 AM

I'd play with eyeshadows and rub them off again and again. Definitely takes practice. But I see that you're getting the hang of blending! Keep it up!I'm using the Revlon spa concealer. doesn't conceal much but it feels comfortable and looks natural

knitties March 22, 2010 at 1:46 PM

Thanks, Connie! I don't dare rub my eyes too much these days because they are getting wrinkly :-( But I definitely need to practice, which is why I save the more "adventurous" stuff for the weekends.

Jyoan March 23, 2010 at 5:11 PM

Honey brown look so pretty. =)

Beautyknot March 24, 2010 at 5:42 AM

Hi lyn, where to get StriVectin SD Eye Cream in Malaysia and how much it costs there?

Alien Poo March 24, 2010 at 3:42 PM

Dunno if it's the camera but the colour makes your eyes look a tad 'bengkak' lah…Oh well, please include a closed eye shot so can see the colours yea! Thanks!

knitties March 24, 2010 at 1:53 PM

Jyoan : Thanks for the compliment! It is a pretty colour but I'm afraid it's not for me. I find it a tad bit warm.Beautyknot : StriVectin is available at Sasa and standalone counters (there is one in Metrojaya, Mid Valley Mall). I believe a tube costs RM295 but it's quite a large and would take ages to finish.

Beautyknot March 25, 2010 at 4:04 AM

Thanks so much, lyn. That's quite pricey. I'll check the price in TH and other country to see if any better deal. "b

knitties March 25, 2010 at 11:32 AM

Beautyknot : Agreed it's very expensive :-( It seems ok and I'm not completely in love with it.Alien Poo : There won't be any re-takes, lil' poop. And you'll probably end up being the lucky recipient of Honey Brown :-)